• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Can you trainspot @ Boa and Distrikt?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by oddmyth
tune 1: something by Mills
tune 2: something by Mills
tune 3: something by Mills.

odbx

exactly.

see liquid room set and add 3 or 4 tracks that came out in the last 3 years...

J e l o

TRIBE Member
while it is easy to see/watch a dj perform in the booth at Boa trying to check their records out while their jamming is going to be difficult. The security and the stairwell block the trainspotting notion. I've not been to 'Distrikt'.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

patri©k

TRIBE Member
Josh, I'm looking really forward to hearing you dish out that dirty techno.

fuck man. I've been waiting for a 'pure' techno set from you ever since the fucking 'synthetic' days.

*jizz jizz jizz*

patri©k

TRIBE Member
you know what Josh....

.. I've been giving it some thought. I've seen you fucking throw down HAVOC!!!!! I still remember one party... where there was the booth set up and on either side were speaker towers. You were facing the crowd. They were in a pit in the floor. You were elevated.

I can still see you leaning over the decks... pumping your fists at the crowd.. and the fucking crowd loooooooooooooooooosing it!

jesus christ!

I don't care... dood... I remember you tearing it up nuff times... and if you're gonna be playing a techno set...

I. AM. SO. FUCKING. THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I already know that my voice is gonna be SHOT the next day from all the yelling.

I may even bring you one of those neck brace things from the chiro... cuz I know you're gonna be losin' it too!

man.. this jam is gonna be amplified!

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
Jeff Mills is one of those rare (record) playa's that even if you did happen to catch the record he was about to drop, it would still sound different than when you take it home and press play....

translation:

if you spot a record that Mills played, it likely wouldn't sound the same as when you get it home and threw it on your decks...

he's mixing it up with a 909, efx, EQing, two other records riding over top, pitched up, pitched down, spinning backwards:
the factors are random like carl finlow <--obscure meta4

destro

wickedken

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Destro Sanchez
Jeff Mills is one of those rare (record) playa's that even if you did happen to catch the record he was about to drop, it would still sound different than when you take it home and press play....

destro

i remember the last time i saw mills (@ turbo) i had the expectation that he would do a set like the liquid room. For the first little he did: some of his classics, but then, after being somewhat bored, the music started going off in a way that left me astonished at how good it sounded, how well it flowed, how well it was mixed together, and how i couldnt recognize many of the tracks. yes he did play more of his classics, but just at the right times, and always mixed in deftly and swiftly, and then mixed out seemingly (and appropriately?) at the point where the track had lost its edge.

turbo was a number of years ago though. and $40 adv gives me pause. plus the fact that i will be returning from a vacation that very same day.

i haven't been to either club, but i think districk has a private champagne room with a one-way mirror overlooking the dance floor where you are supposed to not have sex.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Skipper

TRIBE Member
I wouldn't so much be interested in the tracklisting as his techniques...

surely there must be something dynamic about watching a guy turn records over that quickly!

why not

TRIBE Member
fuck trainspotting - dance motherfucker!

seriously, the sound will be better on the dancefloor, and you'll learn more about DJing by experiencing it that way.

techno is not a spectator sport!

Sinister Shadow

TRIBE Member
Spot him for 70 minutes...

On his new DVD...
The DVD was designed for trainspotting... it´s half the reason he released it. To give eveyone an appreciation of what he does. Or, for some... to study what he does and learn from a master.