• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

can you record a phone call with skype?

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
i'm on a mac with skype and i really want to record a phone call.

is there a way to do this? maybe a little audio routing app or something?

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
not sure about mac... but i recall a program called total recorder that would record all audio that went through your soundcard.

maybe it works for mac to?

Karim

TRIBE Member
ev said:
not sure about mac... but i recall a program called total recorder that would record all audio that went through your soundcard.

maybe it works for mac to?
I've recorded a phone call through skype using a similar app. There should be something like this for macs.

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
wiretap for mac can do it, but they want me to pay $20 to record voice AND line out.

supposedly there's a way to do it with audacity but i can't get the routing proper. anyone ever try this?

Hispeeddub

TRIBE Member
hmm well i know you can use a sniffer to capture the VOIP packets and play back probably not the best solution for what you want though, there must be some type of software out there though.. Otherwise you can pick up one of those suction cup thingys from radio shack and put it on the back of your phone then just record using your line in on your puter

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
i don't want to use my hardware phone. it's a pain, and i'm worried that the recording won't turn out. i also don't want to show up on the guy's call display (he is a purveyor of racist propaganda at u of t)

Hispeeddub

TRIBE Member
ahh whoops.well im no help then, im mactarded... sounds like it can be done pretty easy though.. just not for free.
good luck

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories