• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Can you find a landlord's number in Toronto?

wakipaki

TRIBE Member
have some neighbours from hell, and want to talk to the landlord, is there a way to lookup his number in Toronto?

Also, is there a legal limit to how many tenants can live in a house? We've got seven next door...

wakipaki

TRIBE Member
thanks for the links! still want to contact their landlord first, seems like the right thing to do, any idea of whether there is a registry of any sort? I know the property was purchased in the last year or so, would I be able to find the buyer using the public record?

kuba

TRIBE Member
You can have someone pull a purview report to see who the registered owner is or are but that wont necessarily get you the info needed to contact them.

Forget doing the right thing just call the by law police.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
There is an Ontario land registry but I'm not sure if they give out contact info, and there would be a fee to get the owner's name. They're at 416-314-4430.

You could try writing a letter addressed to "Landlord" to that address and see if they give it to him or her.

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
If it traded on the MLS you can have a licensed friend look up the old listing for you. It will contain the name of the buyer's real estate agent. If you called the agent and said "I'm trying to contact the owner before shit gets all litigious up in this motherfucker..." I'm sure they would connect you with the right person.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
Your problem is with the tennants, not the landlord.

If you have a problem with them, stop being a pussy and go talk to them.

What's the land lord supposed to do, tell them to stop annoying you?

I hate when neighbours phone me and complain like bitchy little kids that my tennant is playing music at 2pm on a Saturday afternoon. Either go talk to the tennant, or phone the police. Not the landlord's problem.

-jM
A&D

wakipaki

TRIBE Member
^ as stated, talked to the tenants, no dice. It's not music at 2pm, its all night drugged out parties. I've gone over at 5am in my boxers. So don't really think calling me a pussy is fair.

I believe that putting 7 individuals into the house will count and should count as a violation to Toronto's rooming house by-law (thanks for the link) so now it will be the landlords problem. I also think that making contact with the landlord makes sense to get a read on the situation. They are destroying his property.

Ho||yw0oD

TRIBE Member
Landlords will often appreciate this information as most of them want good, law-abiding tenants.

As for late night parties, call the police if it is keeping you awake. If they can be self-centred and inconsiderate, you can be self-centred and snitchy.

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
Your problem is with the tennants, not the landlord.

If you have a problem with them, stop being a pussy and go talk to them.

What's the land lord supposed to do, tell them to stop annoying you?

I hate when neighbours phone me and complain like bitchy little kids that my tennant is playing music at 2pm on a Saturday afternoon. Either go talk to the tennant, or phone the police. Not the landlord's problem.

-jM
A&D
Well, I have a neighbour who decides to have extremely loud and physical arguments, usually at 2am or 5am. Whatever she fancies.

I don't want to call the police on her, because I don't want to add to her criminal record. I've been advised not to leave passive aggressive note on her door. Yeah, superintendent might be the only choice, even though I know he's useless.

Can't seem to get back to sleep.

wakipaki

TRIBE Member
Landlords will often appreciate this information as most of them want good, law-abiding tenants.

As for late night parties, call the police if it is keeping you awake. If they can be self-centred and inconsiderate, you can be self-centred and snitchy.
fair enough, would rather not involve the poilice, but sometimes it's inevitable

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
^ as stated, talked to the tenants, no dice. It's not music at 2pm, its all night drugged out parties. I've gone over at 5am in my boxers. So don't really think calling me a pussy is fair.

I believe that putting 7 individuals into the house will count and should count as a violation to Toronto's rooming house by-law (thanks for the link) so now it will be the landlords problem. I also think that making contact with the landlord makes sense to get a read on the situation. They are destroying his property.
I didn't seriously mean "pussy" but nonetheless mine is a landlord's take on the issue.

If you're talking about regularly occurring "drugged out" "all night" parties then yes, some communication with the landlord is in order if you've already had a chat with the tenants themselves.

It's my experience that neighbours can become exasperated and exaggerate the conditions in their own minds and in communication to the landlord. For example I was at one time contacted about an "out of control" party and that "several people had moved in". When I went to check out the allegations I found a get together but nothing unusual and no one had moved in.

But the neighbour continued to call me and complain about issues that I just couldn't see so I finally just told them "Look if you have any further problems with the tenants please just phone the police."

So, they phoned the police, who came. Even the police couldn't figure out what the fuss was about and so they left without incident.

Anyway, maybe the tenants just constantly have their friends over or are subletting without his knowledge so it could be worth speaking to him. Or, just call the cops.

-jM
A&D

catilyst

TRIBE Member
Another nail in the coffin for Tribe, complaints about drugged up all night parties lol.

(not making light of your situation, I currently have some pretty awful renters next door as well)