1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Can you believe this????? So sad and disgusting :(

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by cabbagetowngirl, May 21, 2010.

1. cabbagetowngirl

cabbagetowngirl TRIBE Member

Police investigate after missing man dumped at Regina hospital, badly injured - thestar.com

REGINA—Police may have found the last known address of a Winnipeg man who was emaciated, burned and beaten when he was dumped at a Regina hospital after being missing for a couple of months.

The landlord at the Regina apartment building confirms he rented a suite in mid-March to a man who gave the name Dustin LaFortune.

A man who lived below the suite says he regularly heard disturbing sounds coming from the suite.

“Initially there was a moaning coming from upstairs and then after that I started to hear banging noises, like hitting noises, I describe as flesh-on-flesh sound, it’s kind of unmistakable and that’s when I turned on my phone,” said Dann McKenzie.

On the recording a man is heard yelling, “open your eyes”, then a bang is heard. The voice yells again, “open your eyes.”

McKenzie called the landlord and told him about the recording.

“He said he spoke to the guy upstairs and then it got quiet, it did, it really got better... so I dropped it.”

LaFortune was reported missing in January. He was barely recognizable when he was dumped at the hospital on April 16.

Regina police confirm they were at the apartment, but won’t say why. They have yet to publicly confirm LaFortune’s identity, give any details or name any suspects.

They issued a news release which said a 26-year-old man had been assaulted and dropped off at the Regina General Hospital’s emergency department April 16.

They said the case is being investigated by the major crimes unit and the victim has been interviewed.

LaFortune’s relatives have started a Facebook page with photos of him lying in a hospital bed with burns, bruises and cuts on his body.

He moved to Calgary from Winnipeg two years ago to work for a moving company and disappeared in February. The LaFortune family took to the Internet and started approaching media outlets. They appealed for help in finding the missing man and tried to verify reports that he had moved to rural central Alberta.

They are now using the Internet to encourage people with information to talk to police. They’re also asking for help in locating the man they believe put LaFortune in critical condition.

He “was held hostage, tortured, starved, repeatedly assaulted and mutilated” while being drugged, his mother Renee LaFortune writes on the Facebook page. She says one of his lips and his tongue were cut off, his weight dropped to 87 pounds from 245 pounds and he has suffered brain damage.

They have named and put up a photograph of the man they believe attacked LaFortune — they say he is a former roommate — and have talked online and in media interviews about what they believe happened.

Supporters have added to the discussion by putting up photos of a home rented by the man the family believes was the attacker. One supporter posted information about the alleged suspect’s family tree. LaFortune’s brother, Ryan, has started answering questions from supporters in an online forum.

2. dig this

dig this TRIBE Member

damn... that's fucked up...

I've got a feeling I know who did it though:

[​IMG]

3. Bumbaclat

Bumbaclat TRIBE Member

The LaFortune Diet. shed those pounds now!

4. derek

derek TRIBE Member

sad. a few years out of uni, a dude that lived in the same area i grew up in (he was trouble with a capital T from elementary, we were never friends, but he was infamous in our area) went to jail for torture and murder. he was a memember of the paradise riders, and they apparently kidnapped some dude, torturted, killed him, only to later find out it was the twin brother of the guy the actually wanted they grapped. happened out in the boondocks around 94 -95, it was covered in the media quite heavily. i'm watching the news and spit out my beer when they showed the pictures of the culprits as i knew it was brett from first glance. even though i never really knew him, it gave me a queasy feeling that i even knew of him. he beat up a few of my friends after school. not a dude you wanted to mess with even at 15.

the things that humans are capable of doing to other humans boggles the mind.

5. smack

smack TRIBE Member

This is an example of where the crime should match the punishment

6. [- FuNKtiOn -]

[- FuNKtiOn -] TRIBE Member

7. Ho||yw0oD

Ho||yw0oD TRIBE Member

Lets go Saudi judicial system on this motherfucker.

8. cabbagetowngirl

9. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

figures. as if this was a one-off, random beating.

10. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

how do you go back to living after something like that?

makes you think twice about wanting to move in with roomates eh!
    I bet the man downstairs feels really guilty that he didnt call the police on the noises or something :(

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  11. unique2100

unique2100 TRIBE Promoter

Hmm this caseis intriguing. Ive been trying to sift through the websites, but it's daunting.

Can someone break it down? Perhaps with a timeline?

12. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

he doesnt even look like the same person :( He's got a little girl too. :(

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. cabbagetowngirl

14. mushroom

mushroom TRIBE Member

crazy shit. read through some of that stuff you posted CBgirl, kind of hard to follow as its pretty involved.

hopefully the guy gets back on his feet and things get all fixed up for him.

15. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

hopefully he wasn't dealing, or his troubles will follow him forever. especially considering any 'special interest groups' that may follow him....

16. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

any story involving meth and crack can't have a good ending.

17. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

Police in Edmonton have arrested the suspect wanted in the case of a man who was dropped off at a hospital in Regina with gruesome injuries and weighing only 87 pounds.

Dustin Ward Paxton, 30, is in custody and charged with aggravated assault, sex assault and forcible confinement for acts alleged to have occurred between Dec. 1, 2008, and March 2, 2010, in Calgary, and with aggravated assault for acts alleged to have occurred between March 15 and April 16, 2010, in Regina.

The emaciated 26-year-old victim was dropped off at a Regina hospital on April 16, with a variety of injuries, including chunks cut out of his lips and tongue. His family had reported him missing from Calgary four days earlier.

Police, with detectives from B.C. to Manitoba working on the case, now say they believe he was subjected to abuse for as long as two years.

"This is the worst case I have ever worked on as a police officer — the injury to the victim, the level of violence and the duration," Calgary police Det. Doug Crippen said Tuesday.

A cousin of the 26-year old victim, who QMI Agency is no longer naming given the sexual nature of the alleged assaults, said he is happy police are getting to the bottom of the case.

"He's happy to know that the warrants are out and charges (are) going to be laid," the cousin said. "He is really traumatized by this ... we hope justice is served."

He said the victim is gaining weight, able to walk with a walker and in physiotherapy and occupational therapy.

Police were inundated with tips this week, and detectives are working with other alleged victims who surfaced during the investigation.

"This particular crime shocked and outraged many Canadians," Crippen said.

Crippen would not elaborate on the number of additional victims, details of abuse or where it happened.

18. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

Just a horribly grim case.

Fuck.

19. green_souljah

green_souljah TRIBE Member

Been following the story as well, a lot of things just don't add up.

That blog cabbagetowngirl posted is a great read for the case though.

I look in that guys eyes and I see meth. Who knows what can happen once that shite gets a hold of you. Just my own speculation though.

20. Bumbaclat

Bumbaclat TRIBE Member

21. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

Yeah this whole story is really hard to follow or I just don't care enough.

Fight club gone bad?

Meth?

Weird dom/sub relationship?

Gang related?

what?

22. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

23. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

ive concluded a theory based on what ive read.

Lafortune was in a fight club, thats how he got hurt all the time.
    Both guys dabbled in meth (but couldnt have been total meth heads or they wouldnt have been running a business).
    Lafortune was at fight club one night and got really fucking socked in the head and got brain damage.
    Paxton doesnt realize how bad it was at first and wonders what the fucks wrong with his buddy, and gets really annoyed with him.
    slowly he realizes his friend is brain damaged, he cant tell about the fight club cause its a secret and doesnt know what to do with his now brain damaged friend.
    so starts doing lots of meth. doing lots of meth triggers some schizo type stuff in him and he starts to go bonkers.
    this combined with the fact that hes dealing with his now annoying useless brain damaged friend that he doesnt know what to do with, and the fact that he was just a mean nasty prick to begin with .... causes him to start treating lafortune like shit and hiding him from people and hitting him and abusing him etc etc etc.....

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  24. Ho||yw0oD

Ho||yw0oD TRIBE Member

Do you really think the Fight Club would be as secretive as the movie 'Fight Club' makes it out to be?

I was in a fight club in high school... every Saturday night of summer on a dead end road by the Welland Canal. There was very little that was secretive about it.

25. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

I dunno, Ive never actually watched Fight Club.

ok then change the fact that he couldnt get help for his friend cause it was a secret .... to ...... he didnt give enough of a shit to go get help for his friend.