• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

"Can we trust the Canadians?"

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by junglisthead
whats up with the continous slander from american media towards our country ?

even after crossfire, lou dobbs had the nerve to belittle toronto, because we called our christmas tree a holiday tree

sorry amerikkka, but there are more cultures than christianity, that also celebrate around this time of year

and they wonder why, things like 9/11 happen........

yeah and awhile ago the New York Time was talking about how dirty Toronto is and so on. Maybe they should worry about their own country.:mad:

Stop Bill C-10

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hawk Eye

yeah and awhile ago the New York Time was talking about how dirty Toronto is and so on. Maybe they should worry about their own country.:mad:

Maybe we should clean up Toronto. It is getting filthier.

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
Remember its a TV show and they are trying to hype it up as well.

I do think Americans should be concerned with Canada, after all its their largest undefended border, biggest trading partner, etc. We have not taken our military's problems seriously with much needed and deserved cash, not to mention our immigration policy is a joke. Add to that we bask in the shield of defense the United States provided, complain when we are not noticed in the world stage.

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by junglisthead
whats up with the continous slander from american media towards our country ?

Whats up with the continous slander from Canadian media towards their country?

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
who cares what this one U.S. media person says? it does not represent the entire united states. it should also not result in canadian media retaliation.

if you want to attack bush, fine. if you want to attack specific u.s. media, fine. if you want to attack specific u.s. foreign or domestic policies, fine. but the attack the entire country is silly. the best response would be to take the high road.

remember when the new york islander fans booed the canadian national anthem during last year's hockey playoffs? at the next game, the toronto fans gave the u.s. national anthem a HUGE ovation. that sent an incredibly powerful message and it reaffirmed all the reasons that make me proud to be canadian.

don't battle disrespect with more disrepect.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Lurch

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Klubmasta Will
who cares what this one U.S. media person says? it does not represent the entire united states.

It is scary to think how many people beleive what they hear on TV , I would'nt trivalize this too much.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
^^^ well, i'm guessing a very very VERY small percentage of americans actually watched this show or ever watch 'crossfire'.

if canadian media retaliates for this, then they will just fuel the pettiness.

like i said, canadian media should continue to criticize specific things, but the name-calling is making everyone look ridiculous.

kmac

TRIBE Member
Here are a few American's reaction to this story that I found interesting. Taken from the Salon.com message board.

Seeing how great Republican desire to seek out and destroy the careers of any among our foreign allies who dare to speak an ill or ill-chosen word against America's Great Leader, even in private, has recently become, one can't help but wonder how much of a future free speech has in our own country.

That's because those crazy foreigners are not able to give large campaign contributions to an American politician or have not had the foresight to buy a large media conglomerate in the US. Then they could have "free speech" or more appropriately "bought and paid for speech".

One thing I didn't mention in my letter (so somebody else might) is the popularity which still greets Clinton wherever he goes. And Carter. That disproves the notion that Canadians - or Europeans - dislike America itself. They're smart enough to distinguish among American leaders who are on the side of world peace, and those who aren't.

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Exaclty, NOVAK took offense only because it was the leader of the Republicans, so he has to spin it into anti-american sentiment.

He doesn't want to distinguish the fact that we can love a country but hate it's leader.

And lets be honest, it's leader IS a MORON.

beaker

TRIBE Member
crossfire is definitely one of the lamest shows on cnn regardless of the topic. it's always a bunch of idiots shooting off at the mouth.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kelliiiii

TRIBE Member
it really pisses me off that we have troops risking their life in the gulf and jeopardizing our own relations with other US-hating nations and the US media fails to mention Canada whatsoever!! But a stupid comment like this is made and it's everywhere. Can you say MORON!! (how ironic is that?):mad:

Bass_Chaser

TRIBE Member
[sarcasm]
rest easy everyone that america is the only country in the world that has a media that:

1)produces propoganda
2)misrepresents the true feeling of the people
3)lies

arent you glad that this isnt true in canada or other countries in the world? [/sarcasm]