• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Can we have a poll on the closing of the movie thread?

erika

TRIBE Member
I'm not the only one dismayed by this.

As Nemisis pointed out, single threads are typically about blockbusters and those are of little interest to a number of us on here.

Others also said they missed it. As Glych said, it's unfortunate when SEO trumps user experience.

And someone else said we could have both, which is actually what we had up until this week-end: sometimes people started a thread about something BIG, whereas others would post a series of films they had caught over a period of time.

acheron

TRIBE Member
could we at least have a movies forum to contain all the film threads or is the SEO thing all about the general forum?

greginhali

TRIBE Member
I think it was a bad idea. Real bummer. I liked the one stop viewing of new and recent movies. Movies are names retarded names and if they are posted as single threads i might not even know its a movie. Rethink the closing of the movie thread. Lots of people enjoyed it!

here is an idea. Why not have both? If you feel like starting your own thread than do that. If you feel like posting in the movie thread do that. Its not like we are running out of space on the board. Options are always better.

sianspherica

TRIBE Member
I'm kind of split on it.

Con: Not everyone wants to create a thread for every single movie related posting they want to make

Pro: Since the movie thread can get busy, having an individual threads does make it more visible if someone actually does want to discuss a movie.

Either way, I don't see why the thread was closed when it was still active.

IF people WANT to create individual threads they can

IF people just want to discuss a movie in the movie thread they can

Why can't there be both.

Obvi the blockbusters might necessitate their own thread, but I don't think someone remarking "Forrest Gump was totally overrated" or "anyone see this French movie from 2009?" - that kind of shit totally doesn't need it's own thread.

Re-open it Alex, let people do both, you are running this place a bit too tightly IMO.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
if the need for the SEO/indexing is a requirement, then i see a Movie/Tv Shows Forum being the most realistic.

its segregated, you dont need all in one threads, you can see the individual thread titles for movies and shows and it would solve the SEO issues.

regardless, there has to be a better way then letting everything get lost in the general forum with no way to be able to ' peruse ' just the movies and TV Shows.

sianspherica

TRIBE Member
I don't really think this forum has enough traffic/posts for stuff to constantly get "lost" in the general forum.

Last posting on the first page of the gen forum is 9 days old, the gen forum isn't exactly cluttered with threads constantly that don't drum up any interest.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I'll open it again if you want, but since it has been closed, people are actually starting threads about movies. Granted, I know some people would like to have every single post on TRIBE in one thread, but this is like trying to find a matching pair of socks in a drawer full of random unsorted socks. Ease of finding is the reason boards have threads is to separate discussions of a topic by subject.

This makes for slightly better SEO, yes, but more importantly it is easier for members to find information on a topic later down the road, without having to hunt for it in an enormous catch-all thread.

Erika, your movie doesn't have to be a blockbuster in order to start a thread for it. I think a stand alone thread for an obscure movie is actually kind of excellent because even if there is only one post in it, it will be much easier to find for everyone.

kuba

TRIBE Member
Completely disagree with closing the thread as well - I would scan that thread to see what other people are watching whereas now who the hell knows what the thread could be about (i.e. just a title- could be book movie etc., no time to open all threads).

greginhali

TRIBE Member
a counter point to the ease of searching or whatever SEO/indexing means.
If you have a movie thread, i dont need to search, just go the the thread and look at a page or two of movies that are being talked about.

Agree with others above, it was a great thread to see what movies other people were watching and give them a go.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
OK I will open it then, but please start individual treads for current movies for deeper discussion and use spoiler tags to conceal plot points and surprise endings yadayada from people who haven't seen it yet.

oeretS

TRIBE Member
personally I'm seeing an erosion of what makes this board fun to peruse, and if that's in the name of better SEO then good luck to you and a board with fewer quality members and posts

oeretS

TRIBE Member
OK I will open it then, but please start individual treads for current movies for deeper discussion and use spoiler tags to conceal plot points and surprise endings yadayada from people who haven't seen it yet.
thumbs up

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
personally I'm seeing an erosion of what makes this board fun to peruse, and if that's in the name of better SEO then good luck to you and a board with fewer quality members and posts
Don't be so harsh, he took in our opinions and made a decision based on it. Relax.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Completely disagree with closing the thread as well - I would scan that thread to see what other people are watching whereas now who the hell knows what the thread could be about (i.e. just a title- could be book movie etc., no time to open all threads).
Ya wasn't it a "what are you listening to now" thread, but for movies??

Maybe its my resistance to change, but Im scratching my head a bit - so many other useful improvements can be conceived of before that one, like heck, a strikethrough font!

sianspherica

TRIBE Member
I kind of wish there was a "what are you listening to now?" thread but with NO youtube links

Simply because I can't view Youtube at work, and I'm sure others also cannot, and sometimes opening a page of a thread with 20 youtube embedded links opens slow as all fuck. So as much as I love music and sharing stuff I like with people, I find those threads are just obnoxious/pointless to view at work or on mobile.

And since people don't write the name of the tune or album and just imput the link, it's never a discussion on music really....just an endless list of youtube links few of which people click on.

Would rather have an alternate thread where people can post lists of what they've been listening to and talk about music and then people can go hunt for that stuff on youtube or soundcloud if they want.

oeretS

TRIBE Member
Don't be so harsh, he took in our opinions and made a decision based on it. Relax.
hence the thumbs up

might be blunt but I'm just being honest to what I see after posting here for a long time. the hot girl thread was tough to lose!

oeretS

TRIBE Member
i had come back from stereo when I lived in Montreal 10 years ago to find that I'd been accepted to register on tribe. I was also seeing backwards at the time apparently. the handle was born

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
what the fuck is an seo?
Search Engine Optimization

It means improving the find-ability of content when people search for it on search engines like google, bing, etc. Making sure the content is well indexed by search engines gets the content in front of more eyes.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders