• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

can we have a nu-rave forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinder

TRIBE Member
or take over one of the other not so used ones? there just isn't any place where threads about that flash-in-the-pan music will be noticed, and i think there's enough interest to warrant it.

Last edited:

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
I like nu-rave.

it means I can dress like a dick and look bored while dancing without being a hipster.

d.code

TRIBE Member
Naw dubstep would loose only if its not a 300-ish type fight.

Those hipsters out number the dubstep kids. And they get hella drunk.

Though they are easy to beat up...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
Are these the hipsters that wear the tight ass pants and kerchiefs? 'Cause if so, I just got a glimpse last week and I'd say No! Please God, no..

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

why not

TRIBE Member
it would be good to have a forum for this.

fuck it, we can lump dubstep in with it too - there's enough crossover in the crowd, at least in toronto.

mayab

TRIBE Member
I want to know where these parties are!

Even though I will probably have to go alone:p

Last edited:

why not

TRIBE Member
mayab said:
I want to know where these parties are!

Even though I will probably have to go on my own:p

i think we're talking about all those indie-dance things, like at the Boat, the White Orchid, Queenshead Pub, 751, the Social, Stones Place, Beaver, ect.
on the larger level, AD/D events would be in this family.
last night at Crosstown was pretty nu-rave come to think of it.

it's not really a specific style of music though, and the term nu-rave is basically a joke, and not meant to be taken seriously.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
why not said:
last night at Crosstown was pretty nu-rave come to think of it.

it's not really a specific style of music though, and the term nu-rave is basically a joke, and not meant to be taken seriously.
huh ?

mayab

TRIBE Member
Yeah I love the mix of different music. I think I will just lie and maybe drag some people to one of these parties under false pretences.

why not

TRIBE Member
KillaLadY said:
Nu-rave?
What's nu-rave?

it's a silly term that the band the Klaxxons came up with as a joke when some journalist asked them what they would describe themselves as. it got taken more seriously than they meant it, and some people have started using it to describe all those electro-indie-bmore-mashup-discopunk-whatever parties.

tobywan

TRIBE Member
uptown, downtown
turn the beat around town
hip hoppin' be be boppin'
there's no stoppin'
to the sound of the nyc beatbeatbeatbeat

Status
Not open for further replies.