• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Can we do ANYTHING about Bell??

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
Okay, I've done a search on this site and I've found a bunch of posts containing complaints about Bell - not surprised, I knew I would.

I have been having such an ordeal with them and in the end it's nothing but frustrating because what can I really do except discontinue my service. I hate them and I will never ever willingly give them another cent. (but even if I use Sprint they still use their freakin' lines or something right?? argh!!)

They're not the only big business just doing whatever the f#$@ they want to do but it's getting ridiculous.

I really want to do SOMETHING. SO ... I'll make my complaints to Bell, and to the CRTC etc ... maybe even write an incredibly effective (yeah right) letter to the editor. OOooooh that'll work!

I saw a post here saying

"i think it would be funny if a bunch of us got together and just started mass invoicing them for random, made-up stuff. if we could get enough people together to do it, it would confuse the fuck out of their accounting department"

... hmmm ... got me thinking ...

maybe i'm crazy but can't we do SOMETHING??? Isn't there enough people who hate Bell - and for good reason!!! - that we can somehow do something??

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the futility of it all!!!

:rolleyes:

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
i'd like to collect bell stories and complaints and then just start sending them to anyone and everyone who should give a shit

-- better business bureau
-- crtc
-- press

isn't there strength in numbers? even against the Bell's of the world??????

or am i just talkin' crazy talk??

silver1

TRIBE Member
In todays day and age of free evenings and weekend cell phone plans, land lines (i.e. Bell) have become obsolete.

coleridge

TRIBE Member
Just be thankful we don't have to deal with Telus like they do out west.

Bell is nothing compared to the joke Telus is.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

KickIT

TRIBE Member
I'm really happy about paying $2.95 for touch tone service. Like who the fuck uses pulse dialing anymore? They should be charged for being so archaic.

*c*

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
I use only cellular because I hate no other company more than Bell. Mind you all the cell companies suck ass as well, but at least Bell isn't getting my money.

labRat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by j bunny 2000
Fuck land lines. It pisses me off so much that Bell can charge so much to call Bobby Joe down the street !!
huh?

why don't you just walk over - or yell really loud.

just be glad they don't charge per local call like they do in basically every country outside NA.

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by coleridge
Just be thankful we don't have to deal with Telus like they do out west.

Bell is nothing compared to the joke Telus is.
I agree I sold all my Telus stock before it went down threw my phone at someone and havent used a cell since.
Never had a problem with Bell...yet.
I have, sympatico, expressvie And phone all on 1 bill!

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
yeah, i know

and i will do that

but in the meantime they just took over $200 right out of my account to pay for the modem I haven't given them back yet even though

(1) they were authorized to take bill payments out of my bank account but were they authorized to just take money out of my account for other reasons? have to check into that

(2) my bills have stopped because my service was cancelled becasue I already hated them for many other reasons -- so are they still allowed to go into my bank account when i have cancelled their service i.e. hasn't my permission to them been revoked? now I have to make sure that their access to my bank account is revoked for damn sure and i advise others to keep this in mind when dealing with bell

(3) i spoke to a guy at the end of the week last week, at Bell, who updated my address in their records, agreed to send me a modem return package and said he made a note on my file that I've dealt with this so they know i plan to return it. today when i saw that bell just TOOK $200+ directly from my account, I called. they said it was because I still had my modem. They apparently have no record of that phone call from last week as no other info has been updated on my account either. So I pay $200 becasue someone at their end didn't do his job???

GRRRRR!!

I won't use their services any more and I will get a cell phone. But I'm still feeling like I wish I could do something!!!! Organize something to stop them from doing the things they do to SO MANY PEOPLE!!

like I said, I guess I"m talking crazy talk.

dj Red Turtle

TRIBE Promoter
I haven't had a line line in years. I only use my phone for short conversations and never on it more than 5 minutes at a time. Unless I'm prank calling people at 5 in the morning.

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
So when you signed your contract to return thier modem or you'd be charged $200 your pissed because thats what they did? :confused:

wyrm

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by silver1
In todays day and age of free evenings and weekend cell phone plans, land lines (i.e. Bell) have become obsolete.
Not if you want to call long distance and you were lucky enough to snag the all-day long distance plan from Bell. ($30/month unlimited)

I would love to be free of a land line, but LD keeps me with Sprint. (got the same plan there)

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hi i'm God
So when you signed your contract to return thier modem or you'd be charged 200$ your pissed because thats what they did? :confused:
(3) i spoke to a guy at the end of the week last week, at Bell, who updated my address in their records,

***agreed to send me a modem return package***

and said he made a note on my file that I've dealt with this so they know i plan to return it. today when i saw that bell just TOOK $200+ directly from my account, I called. they said it was because I still had my modem. They apparently have no record of that phone call from last week as no other info has been updated on my account either. So I pay $200 becasue someone at their end didn't do his job???

*** when the guy didn't do his job at Bell's end that means he also didn't send me the modem package for me to return it in. yes i could have dropped it off but didn't worry about it because, far as I was concerned, Bell told me not to, they'd send me a kit and it'd all be taken care of. They they charged me $200.

So that's why I'm pissed off.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by wyrm
Not if you want to call long distance and you were lucky enough to snag the all-day long distance plan from Bell. ($30/month unlimited)

I would love to be free of a land line, but LD keeps me with Sprint. (got the same plan there)
i've been told to try the long distance cards that you can buy at the corner store.

labRat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hi i'm God
So when you signed your contract to return thier modem or you'd be charged $200 your pissed because thats what they did? :confused:
exactly.

maybe you should've returned the modem like you were contractualy obliged to do when you cancelled the service.

just be glad they didn't get a collection agency after you. that'd hurt more than them taking the money from your bank acct.

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by labRat
exactly.

maybe you should've returned the modem like you were contractualy obliged to do when you cancelled the service.

just be glad they didn't get a collection agency after you. that'd hurt more than them taking the money from your bank acct.
whatever ... :rolleyes:

responded above to that snarky remark

sk8

TRIBE Member
so call them. explain what happened. i bet as soon as you return the modem they will refund your $200.

it seems to be a communication error between departments.

labRat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Sunshyne Jones
whatever ... :rolleyes:

responded above to that snarky remark
whatever, yourself.

how long after cancelling your sympatico did you have the modem for?

laser_racer

TRIBE Member
Here in B.C, Telus(bell) is already under investigation from the CRTC. They are telling customers that they can't take any more complaints until they get through the 10,000 or so that they already have to deal with.
Last week, sometime in the early morning, someone fired several gunshots at the head office downtown.

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Sunshyne Jones
(3) i spoke to a guy at the end of the week last week, at Bell, who updated my address in their records,

***agreed to send me a modem return package***

and said he made a note on my file that I've dealt with this so they know i plan to return it. today when i saw that bell just TOOK $200+ directly from my account, I called. they said it was because I still had my modem. They apparently have no record of that phone call from last week as no other info has been updated on my account either. So I pay $200 becasue someone at their end didn't do his job???

*** when the guy didn't do his job at Bell's end that means he also didn't send me the modem package for me to return it in. yes i could have dropped it off but didn't worry about it because, far as I was concerned, Bell told me not to, they'd send me a kit and it'd all be taken care of. They they charged me $200.

So that's why I'm pissed off.
Blaming some guy in a call centre of hundreds for your mistake doesnt earn much pity.

noodle

TRIBE Member
I will join your fight!!!

I've been having the exact same problems with them myself.

To top it off, when I paid my bill a couple month ago....they applied the payment to the WRONG account and I've had to fight with them to apply it to MY account.

I'm on the phone with bell every week and HATE THEM HATE THEM HATE THEM!!!!!!!!!