• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

can the cdj-1000 read .wav's?

RumRogerz

TRIBE Member
Sounds silly, but im curious about it. I think that maybe if i were to use cd when i must, i can at least play out a straight wav file instead of redbook

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

DJ 6 String

TRIBE Member
RumRogerz said:
Sounds silly, but im curious about it. I think that maybe if i were to use cd when i must, i can at least play out a straight wav file instead of redbook

does the tin man have a sheet metal cock?

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
RumRogerz said:
no one would notice the difference from 16/44 to 24/96 to be honest.

wait so you don't think anyone can tell the difference between 16/44 and 24/96 and yet are worried about the difference between .wav and cd audio? :confused:

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
Wiseman said:
MOD ONE

do you burn them as a Data disc or an Audio disc?

Good question... I believe I do Audio, but not 100% sure. I do it through I-tunes... all you do is drop your wave files in the music list you create, and hit the burn button and I-tunes burns it for ya. I do hear differences with wave files. I find it has more depth and the bass is stronger on wave files. When I first started to purchase music I was buying MP3… then did some research and found out waves are a better format to play out with.

coleridge

TRIBE Member
MOD ONE said:
Good question... I believe I do Audio, but not 100% sure. I do it through I-tunes... all you do is drop your wave files in the music list you create, and hit the burn button and I-tunes burns it for ya. I do hear differences with wave files. I find it has more depth and the bass is stronger on wave files. When I first started to purchase music I was buying MP3… then did some research and found out waves are a better format to play out with.

You're burning an audio CD from WAV files.

He's talking about burning a data CD that contains a WAV file.

And no, the CDJ-1000 will not read that.

RumRogerz

TRIBE Member
Wiseman said:
wait so you don't think anyone can tell the difference between 16/44 and 24/96 and yet are worried about the difference between .wav and cd audio? :confused:

ive heard that straight wav is a better format to play rather than redbook, which is why i asked :)

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
well I would like to hear what that is based on as i think unless you are going 24/96 then it really shouldn't matter.

beaker

TRIBE Member
RumRogerz said:
ive heard that straight wav is a better format to play rather than redbook, which is why i asked :)

it should be if the wav is a master of higher resolution than 16/44.1. is that what you mean?

i also still sincerely doubt anyone on a dancefloor in a packed, reverberant club will be able to tell the difference.