• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Can someone help me find a reasonably priced wedding venue?

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
mingster said:
the estates at Sunnybrook for $80 a person?

are you people serious?
Yeah, they have the prices listed on their website. That price probably doesn't include tax though.

Last edited:

kyfe

TRIBE Member
I would love to see someone do an open bar for under $8000.00 (including food etc)

open bar for 100 people would be an easy $4000.00 alone and I've never seen a $40 plate unless you do buffet or something

agentRC4

TRIBE Member
Mr_Furious said:
Yeah, they have the prices listed on their website. That price probably doesn't include tax though.
They have a planner and you can create any option you want really. We had such good service when we got married.

The bar bill was totally reasonable too. We actually got money back as the bar estimate we paid on was too much :)

But we had a lot of older people at our wedding, and they left early.

agentRC4

TRIBE Member
kyfe said:
I would love to see someone do an open bar for under $8000.00 (including food etc)

open bar for 100 people would be an easy $4000.00 alone and I've never seen a $40 plate unless you do buffet or something
we had 100ppl & open bar and our bill was just around $3000, still searching for it tough.

There is NO WAY you can do an open bar wedding at the Estates of Sunnybrook for 80/pp.

When I host events there I've multiplied by 31% to get a ballpark of the final 'real' cost.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Example: it was someone's birthday the day of one of our events and I asked if we could get a cheap cake delivered.

90 bucks, plus taxes and gratuities for an ordinary cake that didn't even say "happy birthday" or "This is a $100 caek"

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
if you dig the Berkeley Church, have you checked out the venue directly beside it called the Field House? i just went to a 100 person wedding there and it was awesome.

i don't know what the capacity is, but another friend of mine is getting married at Mango Lounge in leslieville.

P.S. mazel tov on the engagement!

kyfe

TRIBE Member
agentRC4 said:
we had 100ppl & open bar and our bill was just around $3000, still searching for it tough.

in toronto?

that's like $30 a plate for all you can drink and food.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
a good buddy of mine just got married at the Old Mill last week... it was incredibly nice. Nice rooms, awesome food... but if memory serves me right, it was way too much money for open bar there, he said the quote was like 6 grand or some shit. So we all got 2 free drinks, but the alcohol prices were absolutely insane... like 8$ for a domestic, no shit.

mushroom

TRIBE Member
Fantasy Farm is dirt cheap, like $70 a head, but for a reason...it's pretty tacky. But apparently they're always packed. To each his own right.

Oh and the Field House beside The Berkeley is the same price as The Berkeley.

Are you looking to pay $80 per for just food and drink? Or does that include everything else (venue, rentals, tables....)?

Doug.M.

TRIBE Member
zoo said:
just saw the pics, very nice!

would you say that with all your guests seated, there was still a large dancefloor area? like, room for 100+ people to be dancing?
Yup, for sure! Without a problem! Looks bit small in the pics, but our dj. had all the guys on the floor at once, and all the girls at a different time, and there was still room.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Bull Go Ki

TRIBE Member
I was at a wedding at hart house a couple of months ago - not sure on costs but according to organizers it was the most affordable option - lots of character and photo opps.

good luck!

GivinUsociety

TRIBE Member
I can't stand Banquet Hall food. Your basic potatoes, steam veggies and prime rib. Woodbridge has a lot of these nice halls and shitty food. Try restaurants.

The $80 per person, does that include taxes and tip?

Last edited:

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
kyfe said:

We got quoted for $68/person including 4 course meal, and open bar. It's at a banquet hall in Woodbridge. No hidden charges, no tax, no extra fee's. It's just that it's not quite what we were looking for in terms of decor.

Thanks for the congratulatory messages guys. I know what you're thinking, she must have been nuts, or at least drunk to say yes to me.

Granted, she was a bit drunk at the time...I wanted to make sure she'd say yes :D .

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
daddyiwantchocolate said:
Also, move this to the GSF.
Why are you doing women's work Mr. Furious?
My fiance is really bad when it comes to making deals. She lacks a bit of the "finesse" that it takes to grease the wheels. In fact, she offended the event planner at Paradise by being a little tactless. :D

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
GivinUsociety said:
I can't stand Banquet Hall food. Your basic potatoes, steam veggies and prime rib. Woodbridge has a lot of these nice halls and shitty food. Try restaurants.

The $80 per person, does that include taxes and tip?
Yup.

I understand it might be lofty goal, but as I mentioned, we found a place that's only $68/person for everything. We're just trying to explore our options, but will end up going with the aforementioned option if we can't find something better in our budget.

Doug.M.

TRIBE Member
You don't have to worry about your typical banquet hall food at the Caledon Country Club.
Ie.
We started with a smoked tomato, and cheese tortilini brisq
then a mixed greens with some sorta vinigarette (don't remember)
then a herb rosted chicken breast with roasted peppers/egg plant/zucinni
then somew facy icecream in a chocolate dipped cookie bowl, and a weird lookin cookie on top.

Tones of shitr to choose from though.