• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

can somebody say retarded?

Syntax Error

Well-Known TRIBEr
i've been saying retarded a lot lately. i think it's because britney spears said it that one time and i just couldn't stop myself. does saying retarded a lot make me retarded? or am i just retarded because i was born a retard.

ps - if you think retard is an offensive word then you are one...LOLKLOL!

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Syntax Error

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by Evil Dynovac
Retard has a certain snappy punch that I like.

it's the strong t sound. also the "ard" sounds like it came from a pirate. the whole word is just wonderful!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ila

TRIBE Member
I like the way it sounds as an insult.

but I also think it's pretty offensive which I guess is where the humour lies so I sort of feel like an ass when I use it.

haha...I dropped out of grade 10 french because I thought my teacher called me a "retard" when she was really saying I was always late...I only figured that out like, 5 years later when I was in France. that's pretty embarassing because essentially I am a retard.

Syntax Error

Well-Known TRIBEr
id·i·ot ( P ) Pronunciation Key (d-t)
n.
A foolish or stupid person.

A person of profound mental retardation having a mental age below three years and generally being unable to learn connected speech or guard against common dangers. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
I would call some kids 'mowtard' back in the day.

That's the kind of retard who is so far gone that when they speak all they can say is 'MOWWWWW' and then drool comes out.

deep

TRIBE Member
An english teacher of mine had a penchant for the word 'bohunk' , the fact that it made little sense to any of us clowns (to which it was applied) made it all the funnier

according to urbandictionary it's to eastern-european canadians what what the n-word is to black people

SENSEi

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Syntax Error
idiot is just as insulting as retard.

Yes it is.

Idiot is also more appropriate as it implies stupidity, rather then a birth defect.

The word retard is a slur akin to using the word nigger.
It's not a very nice word really.

I think people use it far to freely.