• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Can post-op trans penises get erect?

stryker

TRIBE Member
There was this preview to a segment on Ripley's Believe it or Not last night about some guy who lost his junk to cancer and the doctor's replaced it with one of his fingers.

Ancient Aliens came on so I changed the channel before watching the actual segment. But this resulted in a conversation between the gf and I.

The conversation resulted in two things:

1. If that happened I'd either have to get a full sex change, or just die. No way would live my life as a eunich. The question to her was would she still be with me if I was a girl, and would she be by wing-girl as I whored it up around town with my new found vagina. (the answer was yes, she woud stay, but no she would not encourage throwing my vagina out to anyone with a pulse...lol)

2. Does post op plumbing acutally work? Can trans-guys get an erection? Do trans- women feel anything?

Can either of them achieve orgasms?

These are the thing I think about waiting for Ancient Aliens to come on.

stew :)

praktik

TRIBE Member
All i know is the super sad story of that kid in ontario who had his junk burned off by a machine used in circumcision back in the late 70s that "overvolted", and was then raised as a girl until he realized he was a dude as a teenager.

He got some junk put on, somehow, and I know he married in his early twenties and popped out two kids before committing suicide around age 26-27

so.. not sure how that worked technically but I get the feeling he could function as a man...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

stryker

TRIBE Member
isn't pre-op just a cross dresser?

It's been a few years since I saw you last Sunny, I've put on weight...lol

stew

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Well, there's cross dressing and then there is what a person identifies with as their gender. So no, it's not just putting on the clothing normally worn by the opposite sex.

Pre-op to me means a person who was born a biological female but identifies with being a male (could be even a homosexual male) and is waiting (could be forever) for surgery. Or they're fine with their genitalia but don't subscribe to their assigned biological gender.

So there's:
- biology
- identity

I know pre-op transgendered people who don't ever take off their underwear because they're ashamed of their vagina. Which I think is an issue in itself. I say use what you got!

MoFo

TRIBE Member
All i know is the super sad story of that kid in ontario who had his junk burned off by a machine used in circumcision back in the late 70s that "overvolted", and was then raised as a girl until he realized he was a dude as a teenager.

He got some junk put on, somehow, and I know he married in his early twenties and popped out two kids before committing suicide around age 26-27
David Reimer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Very sad. He was 38. I didn't know he shot himself. That's awful. Ugh.

praktik

TRIBE Member
ah ok its been a while since i saw the passionate eye doc, thanks for correction on the age, I thought it happened in his 20s...

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I didn't even know he killed himself so... That's so awful as I read some of his book when he was still alive I think. I can't imagine the torment he went through. I'll have to find that doc.

stryker

TRIBE Member
Well, there's cross dressing and then there is what a person identifies with as their gender. So no, it's not just putting on the clothing normally worn by the opposite sex.

Pre-op to me means a person who was born a biological female but identifies with being a male (could be even a homosexual male) and is waiting (could be forever) for surgery. Or they're fine with their genitalia but don't subscribe to their assigned biological gender.

So there's:
- biology
- identity

I know pre-op transgendered people who don't ever take off their underwear because they're ashamed of their vagina. Which I think is an issue in itself. I say use what you got!
Jesus. I blame all of this on the internet.

trans can get erections, if they haev a penis, or an enlarged clitoris, on their own, or sometimes with mechanical help. Clear as mud.

Damn you Ripley's Believe it or Not!

stew

awwnaw

TRIBE Member
This was nearly 15 years ago, so certainly there may have been advances in trans post op functionality --but I took a sociology of sex class in university, and I distinctly remember an explanation on the limitations on transsexual operations. With the male, the penis is constructed of excess skin, and there is a small opening that is left. When it's sexy time there's a rod that is meant to be inserted to sort of expand it and keep it rigid.

Surely there is a nurse or doctor on the board that has the scoop?