• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Can I take an Ontario driving test in a different city than I live in?

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I think I will schedule my finally stage Ontario driving test this year and I am wondering if it still possible to book a test in another city? With all this road construction, condo building road closures, Gardiner Expressway shutdowns, and pitiful state of the Toronto roads, I am thinking it might be better to book my final Ontario driving test in another city outside Toronto. Maybe Peterborough...

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
absolutely. it's a common way of people bypassing the long booking periods required in more densely populated areas.

octo

TRIBE Member
I think I will schedule my finally stage Ontario driving test this year and I am wondering if it still possible to book a test in another city? With all this road construction, condo building road closures, Gardiner Expressway shutdowns, and pitiful state of the Toronto roads, I am thinking it might be better to book my final Ontario driving test in another city outside Toronto. Maybe Peterborough...
it's not like they're going to take you on the gardiner or in a construction zone downtown.

if you do it at the Vic park location they'll take you on the DVP for 5 min.

get familiar with the area.

i did my G1 in Oshawa to avoid the massive wait.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Different driving schools offer their students that for an extra fee, they'll take them up to Huntsville (or other tiny towns up north) for their driving test because there is literally one road in the town, no traffic etc. as an easy, almost guaranteed way of passing their driving test.

Testing drivers on roads less travelled | Toronto Star
Bancroft is where I want to take it since I will be up there at The Watcher's forest a few times this year!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
if you can't pass in the city, then you shouldn't be allowed to drive in the city.
Well I only drive in South Africa and have for years, but I might as well have the full Ontario license in case I want to rent a car to visit some beaches further out of town here.

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
I did mine in Burlington, then Peterborough. I had my own car, so I didn't need to extra pay for the driving school to take me.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories