• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Can anyone recommend good seafood/steak houses in NYC?

tablist

TRIBE Member
A friend of mine is heading down to NYC for the weekend, and she has't got a clue where to go for some good eats on Saturday night.

Can anyone recomend anything?

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
lol

asking about NYC steak houses here in a Toronto based board??

I am sure there is better sites to search than this one...but .... I have been to NYC a couple of times and there are indeed lots of places to check out. From like... really ritzie places near 5th avenue that charge and arm and a leg for steak...to more affordable places. Just do a search on nyc.com or the equivalent to toronto.com or google.com

good luck.

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
Yea.. I recommend the hot dog vendor that is by Central Park...near the Guggenheim.

That is no steak though.

tablist

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Can anyone recommend good seafood/steak houses in NYC?

Originally posted by chipotle
lol

asking about NYC steak houses here in a Toronto based board??

I am sure there is better sites to search than this one...but .... I have been to NYC a couple of times and there are indeed lots of places to check out. From like... really ritzie places near 5th avenue that charge and arm and a leg for steak...to more affordable places. Just do a search on nyc.com or the equivalent to toronto.com or google.com

good luck.
I know I can do a search on google and all that, but I'm looking for recomendations of places that people realy liked. I know lotsa people on this board go to NYC, so I wanted to know what they liked, not what something like NYC.com would have. I'd rather hear peoples opinions, than something that is basically an ad for the city.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

deep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by tablist
A friend of mine is heading down to NYC for the weekend, and she has't got a clue where to go for some good eats on Saturday night.

Can anyone recomend anything?
drop Tonedeff a pm

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Keens Steakhouse
72 West 36th St.
New York, NY 10018
Phone: (212) 947-3636

The have one of the largest single malt scotch collections outside of Scotland. The straeaks are amazine, but have the mutton chop - a 2 inch thick centre cut dream.

tablist

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by alexd
Keens Steakhouse
72 West 36th St.
New York, NY 10018
Phone: (212) 947-3636

The have one of the largest single malt scotch collections outside of Scotland. The straeaks are amazine, but have the mutton chop - a 2 inch thick centre cut dream.
Awesome! I'll tell her to check this place out. Thanks!

Dylan Prime in Tribecca- great atmosphere/food
Smith & Lowenskis (sp?)
best that I tried (steak only) in Brooklyn Peter Lugers (tres cher, but the decor is like McSorleys, i.e. sawdust on the ground)

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
Re: Re: Re: Can anyone recommend good seafood/steak houses in NYC?

Originally posted by tablist
I know I can do a search on google and all that, but I'm looking for recomendations of places that people realy liked. I know lotsa people on this board go to NYC, so I wanted to know what they liked, not what something like NYC.com would have. I'd rather hear peoples opinions, than something that is basically an ad for the city.
You are right.

but I would think you could find a much more broader database of information somewhere else than here.
That was my whole point.

I know some people here can give you good advice but it wouldn't be my primary source of info..that is all I am trying to say.