• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Camera Phones!!!

Noodles0

TRIBE Member
ok so i wanna get a Camera Phone but i dont know if they are worth it.. i bought my phone less then a month ago for $250 and i can give it back pitch like 70$ and get a camera phone! now to me that a pretty good deal. but are the camera phones ne good? how are the pictures you take?

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
What do you want the camera phone to do? The pictures are ok, but it's nothing like having a real digital camera, if that's what you're looking for.

Noodles0

TRIBE Member
no i know they are not like a digi cam... but i just want a better phone and for 70$ it sounds pretty good

Noodles0

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PolishPrincess
PETER!
U DONT NEED ANOTHER PHONE

REMEBER OCTOBER

hahaha yea but now i can send PICTURES TOO ! ! ! LOL

fuck there goes another 700$ on a bill :p

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Balzz

TRIBE Member
I just got an SE T616 from Rogers for $100 couple weeks ago. Here's the first pic I took with the camera.

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
$70 isn't bad for a new phone. Are they asking for you to renew to a new contract? That's usually the case.

I worked for Clearnet for 3 years so I'm very familiar with their hardware. LG makes some very nice gear.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
Nice one. One of the perks of my job is all the gear I get. Phones, blackberry, etc.

I can't wait for all the new phones next year. Some great stuff on the way.

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Noodles0
^^^ NICE BALZZ

im with TELUS and its the LG one .. i dont know the exact model number
The camera isn't that great....webcam quality at best. Bluetooth and RF performance was the real selling point for me. :D

labRat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Noodles0
no new contract... just new phone :) im goin to get it rite now!!!
sure - $70 sounds good ... but you'll be spending a bundle every month from sending pics from the phone as you cannot download them directly to your PC.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Confused

TRIBE Member
0.25 to send pics to your email using Telus
0.50 to send pics to your email using Bell

LOL ... glad, Rogers has picture messaging free until Jan. 31 :)

plus, GSM owns

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by labRat
sure - $70 sounds good ... but you'll be spending a bundle every month from sending pics from the phone as you cannot download them directly to your PC.
No data cable, IR, or bluetooth available on that phone?

labRat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Balzz
No data cable, IR, or bluetooth available on that phone?
nope - none of the telus camera phones do. it's their 'catch'.

at least with the gsm phones, you can send them via IrDA, Bluetooth or over the air.

Cho

TRIBE Member
Samsung a600 from Bell, is by far the best available camera phone out there. Its got the goods. Plus it came down in price by a ton, I think it sells for 299.00.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd
Can someone explain why a phone with a camera?

I'm having difficulties understanding.
My explanation will be in picture form, in April-Mayish.

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd
Good, I can't wait for the low-resolution resolution.
The low resolution is what makes it feel down and dirty. And down and dirty is good...unless we're talking about porta-potties. Then it's bad.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit