• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Call For Breaks @ Tribe Party

headwinds

TRIBE Promoter


I had a chance tonight to take a sneak peek at the lineup for the tribe board party on May 25th. Sadly there is next no breaks room representation. I asked the tribe party committee if I could help bring more breaks djs to this event. They have offered the breaks room an hour...potentionally an hour and a half. I then suggested that within this time frame there could be 4 breaks dj spinning tag-team or back-to-back style.

this is a chance for any TRIBE BREAKS DJS to spin a few records so....

the next four TRIBE BREAKS DJS to post in this thread and say yeah i want to spin back-to-back on May 25 @ the Apothecary will be seen behind the decks at the next Tribe Board Party
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

headwinds

TRIBE Promoter
Thank you all

MYAGI vs. G-fresh
caz vs. dj Red Turtle


I will pass your names and this format on to the commitee....


CHEERS!

b.
 

headwinds

TRIBE Promoter
a small clarification:

Phat Trick is playing a separate breaks set because he asked and the above proposal is totally last minute is not 100% guaranteed because I'm not in charge and must rely on MOFO's good word :) :) :) which is good 99.9% of the time
 

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Ok, I can slot you guys in at 8 - 9:30 during the bbq. tribe djs, pls watch out for an update...
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Uncle Bobby

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by headwinds
8:00 - 9:30 BREAKS BATTLE!

Myagi vs. G-fresh
Cas vs. Red Turtle
Phat Trick (solo set)


check out www.myagimusic.com to hear the last epic myagi vs.g-fresh exchange
R U saying that M&G as well as C&RT will be going back to back for one half hour each? What will the battle be? How many mixes you can put into fifteen minutes. Or is the battle going to be how small of a record bag you can bring. Do they make record bags for 4 tracks? Maybe you could bring a compilation disc with 4 tracks on it and bring 1 piece of wax! Dave>I can't believe you're coming from Hamilton to play 4 tracks! Everybody loves breaks, they should have more space in the night, or, DON'T BOOK AS MANY DEE JAYS!

UB.
 

funkNstyle

TRIBE Member
WTF

Bwahahahaha
5 djs / 90 mins = Jonny pissin himself

Either way, I'll be there supporting Dave and Myagi
and Patrick.

Jonny
 

Uncle Bobby

TRIBE Promoter
Re: WTF

Originally posted by funkNstyle
Bwahahahaha
5 djs / 90 mins = Jonny pissin himself

Either way, I'll be there supporting Dave and Myagi
and Patrick.

Jonny
Yeah, you better go jonno, they might need someone to help carry their crates of records into the party.


UB.
 
Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Phat Trick

TRIBE Promoter
its do-able....

back to back to back to back to back..

then back again.

no solo set for me. that's just plain greedy!
 

headwinds

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Phat Trick
its do-able....

back to back to back to back to back..

then back again.

no solo set for me. that's just plain greedy!
awesome! try not to think of this party as a gig! let the PROG djs complain about set times....myagi too is coming in from out of town.....come to meet other tribers not to merely to spin breaks...plus this should really be exciting now that it's a backtobacktoback format...a real battle under general Phat Trick....these guys are practically turntablists and should be up for the challenge of blowing us away with very limited vinyl....i pushed to get this 1.5 hour slot to show off what i think what 5 breaks djs can do under the time limit.....the limit is part of the art of the battle....is it not?
 

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by headwinds


awesome! try not to think of this party as a gig! let the PROG djs complain about set times....myagi too is coming in from out of town.....come to meet other tribers not to merely to spin breaks...plus this should really be exciting now that it's a backtobacktoback format...a real battle under general Phat Trick....these guys are practically turntablists and should be up for the challenge of blowing us away with very limited vinyl....i pushed to get this 1.5 hour slot to show off what i think what 5 breaks djs can do under the time limit.....the limit is part of the art of the battle....is it not?
Maybe if it was a 4X2. But at 8:00 - 9:30? Its simply just background noise. IMO.

*c*
 

headwinds

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by headwinds


awesome! try not to think of this party as a gig!
actually, i'll eat those words......this is gig! and i guess it is important to be in top form in front of your admiring fans and maybe you can't do that with only a few records...maybe this is mistake....but maybe...just maybe...it will work out...sorry in advance if it doesnt
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

G-FrEsH

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Uncle Bobby


R U saying that M&G as well as C&RT will be going back to back for one half hour each? What will the battle be? How many mixes you can put into fifteen minutes. Or is the battle going to be how small of a record bag you can bring. Do they make record bags for 4 tracks? Maybe you could bring a compilation disc with 4 tracks on it and bring 1 piece of wax! Dave>I can't believe you're coming from Hamilton to play 4 tracks! Everybody loves breaks, they should have more space in the night, or, DON'T BOOK AS MANY DEE JAYS!

UB.
im goin to other places as welL...
The lab and maybe the the Rennaseince.. ( not quite sure about the last one..)

DAve....
 

G-FrEsH

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Uncle Bobby
I'm sure about the last one.

UB.
U wanna give me money for the Rennaseince ( sp )
.......
it would be greatly appreciated.

i dunno what im doin yet...

DAve....
 

Thunder

TRIBE Member
no breaks eh?

well I hate to be pickey but if you guys are going to bitch about there being little breaks I must protest there is no uk garage!

Some of you probably think thats a good thing..
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top