• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

cali wine tour..just like sideways, anyone done this?

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
thinking of doing the wine tour, renting a car and just driving like they did in sideways...has anyone done this? any suggestions of good hotels, or where we should go and what we should avoid?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

vench

TRIBE Promoter
SweatyNuts said:
everyone is doing this. go to niagara. closer, cheaper, same quality wines.
the Niagara region has some great wines.

Last edited:

djazonic

TRIBE Member
the okanagan works just as good..

bombthreat23 said:
thinking of doing the wine tour, renting a car and just driving like they did in sideways...has anyone done this? any suggestions of good hotels, or where we should go and what we should avoid?

its not nealy as big, but the okanagan works for this as well... i have done this the past 3 summers, mostly out there for reasons other then wine, but have spent a large amount of time 'tasting'...

the first year I cam home with 4 bottles, 2nd year, 9 bottles, 3rd year 14 bottles, and then just recently this spring 27 bottles... so many good wines that you just cannot get in other parts of the country, they just done make enuff to sell elsewhere, so only from the winery..

Boo

TRIBE Member
vench said:
the Niagara region has some great wines.
but seems to lack the snooty sense of self importance and superiority that wine testers/drinkers crave.

And this kind of atmosphere is best found in the californian countryside

I say go for it, but don't get a convertable since the open top will depirve you of the chance to smell your own farts.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
sideways sucked.. it really tried to be a cool movie... it just wasn't.. nice idea, (wine as their "fix" or their crack or whatever).. I like that being a bit of an adictive personality myself .... the movie just failed to deliver.