• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

calculating freight/PDI etc

kuba

TRIBE Member
Hi

When buying a house, there are typical closing costs _ legal, appraisal, tax, etc

HOWEVER

when buying a car, how do you figure out FREIGHT and PDI and what else is there?

thanks

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
Just ask the dealer. They'll hook you up.

It's usually a standard price for the particular model you're interested in.

kuba

TRIBE Member
The reason I asked tribe was to see if there was a standard fee across the board in percentage terms.

And it's a pain in the ass to call six various dealers, so I figured MAYBE there was a normal calculation.

Just to make it easier.

I guess not though.

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
six dealers for the same car? I think the PDI and freight is prescribed by the manufacturer so it should be the same. Not sure if that's the case for every manufacturer though, so why not just try 2 and see what you come up with

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Boo

TRIBE Member
Freight is standard for a certain model, whether you live beside the plant or 15 hours away.

I don't think there is a certain % rule, but i would say dealers charge more on higher cars, cause they can get it out of rich people.

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
more Canada-only suckage:

in the U.S. only a state tax is paid on a new car purchase, there is no GST equivalent and as a result they pay roughly half the tax. (15% vs. 7-8%)

also, most U.S. car prices include delivery charges and P.D.I., whereas here that's yet another costly add-on, typically costing more than a thousand dollars.

it just isn't right.