• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Cajmere (aka Green Velvet) @ System Feb 14th

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
Hmmmm.. I think I might just have to hit this jam up, I've been wanting to hear him spin a DJ set forever.

Anyone else interested?

tommysmalls

TRIBE Member
green velvet is his live PA name...it's actually a band (at least last time he came to town using that moniker)....cajmere is his dj name

its true though, cajmere is more housey, green velvet is more technoey, and he's 100% freak.

jeffpayne

TRIBE Member
green velvet is his live PA name...it's actually a band (at least last time he came to town using that moniker)....cajmere is his dj name

However, before the 'band' was formed, he was Cajmere for house and Green Velvet for techno. Both being dj sets.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
Awwww. I was hoping that this was going to be a live PA. Boooo. I might go anyway. What else am I going to do? Go on a date for Valentines. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

fleaflo

TRIBE Member
His live band set at Shades of Green last year was fucking huge. He blew my mind. The guy is supremely talented musically. Every year there is at least on Green Velvet/Cajmere track rockin the dancefloor worldwide.

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
Wow. I'm surprised by the a) lack of knowledge and b) apathy for one of the biggest second generation Chicago house pioneers. To each their own, though.

Cajmere is housier, but damn you know it's going to be *good* house.

fleaflo, you have plans for that night (V-Day)? Thinking about going?

I'm going even if it's by myself. :)

LadyLinzee

TRIBE Member
This is going to be an amaaaaazing night!! :) Just what the doctor ordered for "V" day ... :) Green Velvet has never disappointed ... and with all the "changes" at System it will sure be a night to remember!

If anyone needs reduced guestlist or tickets - feel free to drop me an email :)

I am going to dance until I pass out - fleaflo - are you with me? BBB - haven't seen you in forrrever!!

Linds x

Last edited:

adorablehomeboy

TRIBE Promoter
my engineering hero

Happy Valentine's to me!!! omg :eek:

I've seen him perform as Green Velvet enough, but when he spins as Cajmere....:D :D

I'm interested to see where he takes this. When I saw him at the Industry 2 yr he played hard and funky, when he was @ Nation @ Life it was a bit harder more techno-y,

but he knows how to come correct with house and the funk. Like some of his Cajmere releases (not Green Velvet) - friggin' wicked. If people think he's gonna lay down his Green Velvet freak shit I think they are gonna be pleasantly surpised...check out some of his Cajmere sets if you can find 'em to download

I'm so there. I'll apologize now if I'm dancing going off and I bump into you.

JAR

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Big Cheese
will the renos be finished in time for this party?

on v-day?

:eek:

that would be dirty...

I don't think so Greg...still got a lot of work to do before they're finished.

fleaflo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by BigBadBaldy
fleaflo, you have plans for that night (V-Day)? Thinking about going?

I'm spinning in Guelph that night BBB.

He might not be getting a lot of recognition on this board, but I bet there'll be a shitload of people there for it. He has rawked the shit out of TO many, many times.

I just got a track by Cajmere called 'Nasty'. I'm not sure how old it is but it is fukin dirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrty! He is going to kill it at System.

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
green velvet owns.

best show ever : CHICAGO SUNDAY @ Industry brought to you by Transcendance. Green Velvet Live PA, and Johnny Fiasco. Even when mario and kenny closed the night, green velvet picked up the mic as the lights were on and kept on rockin it.

Cajmere, Green Velvet -- fuckin class of his own ALL the time! :D

LadyLinzee

TRIBE Member
Mr. Chris Avila will be rocking the mainroom until the terrible two come on at 11:30 ...

Looking forward to seeing you all there ...

Linds x