• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Cab Drivers - asleep at the wheel

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Ok, so this is a fairly common occurance, and usually I'm alright with it, but this one time on Friday night, I actually feared for my life.

The guy was swerving all over the road. Several times, it was to avoid smashing into a post. One time, he veered into oncoming traffic and almost hit another cab.

Needless to say I asked if he was ok as to which he reluctantly replied that he was tired and assured me that I'd get home ok.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KillaLadY
You really have something against them, eh? ;) :p

No, I have a problem with someone getting into an accident while I'm a passenger and not wearing my seatbelt.

defazman

TRIBE Member
A friend had a cabbie put the car in park at red lights so he could nap. She called and complained.

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by el presidente Highsteppa
You have the worst luck with cabs will. I'd hate to see what kind of bus drivers you manage to get in contact with.

When I was younger, it was always about the whole student card issue.

I'm usually really good to people in the service industry. I always say please and thank you, and I'm a pretty generous tipper.

I just have a short fuse.

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
I had the same experience once - It was really scary! I was coming home at like 4amish and once we hit the dvp the cabbie started to fall asleep - I was YELLING at him - I am like "what the hell you are sleeping" - he was like "relax - your temperature is rising" WTF apparently that meant I was getting mad - obviously I was getting mad - It was so scary - I had to keep yelling at him to stay awake and I was like you should go home and get some rest if you are going to be driving people around - I got home and was so happy to be alive - BULLSHIT CABBIES!!!!

On a good note: I got into a cab early morning after a night at Aria and after about 5ish minutes noticed that the cabbies meter wasnt on - I told my friend quietly and we watched while he mowed down a big mac or something and drove unknowingly (hee hee) when he realized he was so pissed - we ended up paying less then 5 dollars - that was a good night since we drove pretty far :)

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by pr0nstar
This is an indication.
You should never be allowed near cabs again.

What the hell man?! It's either I wait an hour for the bus and then spend another 90 minutes taking the bus home, or I take a cab home for $30. Not an easy decision.

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by pr0nstar
This is an indication.
You should never be allowed near cabs again.

Maybe you should pick me up every weekend and drive me home to ensure my safety and the safety of cabs drivers everywhere.

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
I also had a cabbie once drive BACKWARDS!! down Spadina - I told him to stop and got out - and I once had a guy yelling preaching to me - I got scared so I called my bf and he talked to me the whole way home - fucking crazies

opium_souldjah

TRIBE Member
reminds me of when i left me ex's house years ago and we were driving down the street. the cabbie didn't look where he was going and (though he was going slow thank god) he hit a cyclist and he ended up on the hood of the car. needless to say everyone was alright and the cyclist wasn't hurt.

coleridge

TRIBE Member
Earlier this year I took a cab home from System and after it dropped us off in front of my building he plowed into a parked car in front of him. He pushed the car into the middle of Adelaide then he took off...

Despite us having his license plate number and his cab number I don't think the cops ever charged him.

RJ45

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by junglegirl
On a good note: I got into a cab early morning after a night at Aria and after about 5ish minutes noticed that the cabbies meter wasnt on - I told my friend quietly and we watched while he mowed down a big mac or something and drove unknowingly (hee hee) when he realized he was so pissed - we ended up paying less then 5 dollars - that was a good night since we drove pretty far :)
Yeah, that's just great. :rolleyes:

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
One week after 9/11 my (drunken) gf and I got a cab. The driver said he was in the Taliban, and that the Taliban was minsunderstood.

It was an interesting ride. :D

ila

TRIBE Member
hm...

that's really sad. you must really need a buck to risk driving around while falling asleep at the wheel.

my only problem with cab drivers in general is that they don't let you in their lane, ever. too aggressive. then again, I don't have passengers yelling at me from the backseat to go faster, and if I did I'd hit the ejector seat.