• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

cab companies with black cabs?

matty

TRIBE Member
I left my blackberry in a black taxi last night. I'd like to attempt to recover it but don't know where to start. The driver has the phone as he attempted to call me back at the payphone I was calling my blackberry from - don't think he knew how to answer it, but he probably saw the incoming number on the display. Unfortunately the pay phone wouldn't accept incoming calls, could hear him but he couldn't hear me.

Now I'm going to try calling a few cab companies to see if anyone dropped it off at lost and found. Thing is I have no idea which cab co it was, all I've got to go on is that the cab was black.

Where should I start? Will my phone ever come back?

KiFe

TRIBE Member
amassador taxi is black i think

and IMPERIAL taxi is so dark navy blue that it could easily be mistaken for black.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KiFe
amassador taxi is black i think
ambassador taxi isn't a company. it's a program through the city where you take extra training on vehicle care and maintenance, customer service, servicing people with disabilities etc. and then you get to have an ambassador cab which will supposedly make people want to take your cab instead of other people's cabs.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by janiecakes
ambassador taxi isn't a company. it's a program through the city where you take extra training on vehicle care and maintenance, customer service, servicing people with disabilities etc. and then you get to have an ambassador cab which will supposedly make people want to take your cab instead of other people's cabs.

do they still pick up random fares off the streetside? or do you have to make a special call to arrange a pickup?

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
they still pick up random people.

i don't totally get what the big hoopla is over having an ambassador cab. cab drivers have to pay like $1000 for the course, and then they get a plate to go on the cab saying ambassador taxi. weird.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
they still pick up random people.

i don't totally get what the big hoopla is over having an ambassador cab. cab drivers have to pay like $1000 for the course, and then they get a plate to go on the cab saying ambassador taxi. weird.

mabie they get to charge more once they've attained ambassadorial rank?

and free carwashes perhaps?

i'm convinced... from now on, it's ambassador or bust for me! :)

nah... they don't fool me... with their 'special badges' and clean black cars.

the inner struggle continues.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by R4V4G3D_SKU11S
Hellz ya, just to see the look on my friends faces when I pulled up in one of them millionairees cabs.

Peh... you're thinking of 'airport taxi'

ambassador is just a fancy name for 'navy blue taxi'

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
you don't pay more!

the cabs are just tres well taken care of, and the driver is supposed to be a customer servicer extraordinaire.

TRO

TRIBE Member
yup I talk to alot of cabbies and they don't understand it though...it was one of Mel's idea's to make toronto better....

aether

TRIBE Member
that rots!

maybe try sending yourself some email messages with:

IF YOU FIND MY BLACKBERRY
CALL ME AT 416-XXX-XXXX

in the subject if you haven't already. maybe whoever has it will take a look at your message list.

matty

TRIBE Member
Was thinking about doing that but the cabbie turned it off by the time I got to a computer. So now he really won't be able to do much of anything since there's a SIM password that he'd have to guess when turning it on.

Just going to bite the bullet and get another one. Merde.

sk8

TRIBE Member
why don't you call cab companies and see.

i remember posting a big list of cab companies when someone else lost something...