• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

c64

simpletee

TRIBE Member
i had a tape of his that i got a couple years ago and i really really liked the heavy/hard/instrumental style jungle of his... but now i can't find the tape and am wondering if any of you know if he has any online mixes? or someone pm me w/ his email so i can ask...
i know vox is friends w/ him but her box is full...

zorak

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by simpletee
i'm also looking for any mixes of similar type of jungle...

look for mixes by dj rupture

("gold teeth theif", "minesweeper suite")

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Hal-9000

TRIBE Member
Mercy, you might already know this but Simon Reynolds gave "Bricksmash" a shout-out in his runner-up category for compilation of the year.

philly

TRIBE Member
ya his stuff is really good... kinda sad that i missed him at b-side, looked like a pretty interesting event.

i've got a couple of cd's on soulseek that arent on there, a live recording from "just jungle" 2001 and patch-work. if anyones interested just pm me and i'll add you to my list :)

vox

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hal-9000
Mercy, you might already know this but Simon Reynolds gave "Bricksmash" a shout-out in his runner-up category for compilation of the year.

UMMMM...THAT'S TOTALLY NEWS TO US.

do you have a link? or a place to see it?

it's "brick smack"

BADASS.

seeker

TRIBE Member
You'll appreciate this--scroll down to "Gimme Danger".

this article is pretty good. that's a completely salient point about the various elements being lost. I couldn't articulate it earlier this year, but he hit the nail on the head.

I miss the half-speed/off-speed basslines, the 'whatness' that made your body move. DnB these days is okay, but I can't help but long for older sets and tunes when the music was still moving forward; and still full of soul.

and that NLA set is madness. :D

vox

TRIBE Member
where's the stir? I'd love to read it.

Where all the techoids up in arms or what?

i'll try to find the link and email it to you...it was actually a pretty interesting discussion...it's not a tech-head board...it's a breaky-based board...people who love paradox, etc.

i also have the other article to which he's referring as well.