1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

By Neptune's Navel! LeChucks Revenge Special Edition announced!

Discussion in 'Technology' started by RumRogerz, Mar 11, 2010.

1. RumRogerz

RumRogerz TRIBE Member

2. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

what was your first favourite? Please say Full Throttle.

3. RumRogerz

RumRogerz TRIBE Member

lol sorry.
    Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.

And you must admit that game had an amazing story.

If they did a remake of that I'd shit myself.

4. atomic

atomic TRIBE Member

Leaping Labrats!

5. Dr. Grinch

Dr. Grinch TRIBE Member

Pffft, Indiana Jones.
    Day Of The Tentacle is where it's at.

6. lobo

lobo TRIBE Member

Day of the Tentacle and Maniac Mansion baby! Oh and Zack McKraken and the Alien Mindbenders!

Lobo

7. RumRogerz

RumRogerz TRIBE Member

PFFFT

Sub par story lines!
    Atlantis had it all!
    3 different story lines to engage in! Amazing locales! Crazy Characters!
    How could you deny that amazing soundtrack? A masterpiece on it's own! (I have the original poster issued by LucasArts hanging on my wall right now - It's awweeeeesooooommmmmme). I can't wait to have kids so I can force them to play this game at least two times!

In all honesty; as an Indiana Jones fanboy - this story satisfied every aspect of an adventure a young man such as myself could want. Romance, brawling, cognition, amazing voice acting, artwork & lore! What more would a 12 year old want?!?!? Shiiiiit, I still don't know, and I still don't care!
    I play this once every year and never ever get bored of this game. Every time I do some other element is introduced that I have overlooked, and it gives me a nerd-on. It's almost like when I play The Dig (amazing game... really amazing).

No disrespect to DOTT. A classiC! I just felt that Indy had way more depth and mystery attached to it. I was so wrapped up into the lore of Atlantis I even read Timaeus and Critias to further understand the mythos behind it (trust... a hard read for a kid)

Pfffft. Who am I trying to fool. I have all the LucasArts adventures games on my shelves. They are the beacon of true adventure gaming that will always ring true to my heart. I love them all almost equally. I just have more of an affinity to MI:2 and FOA. Those games changed my perspective of storytelling forever!

8. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

Best point-and-click game of my "youth".

:)

9. RumRogerz

RumRogerz TRIBE Member

i don't remember that ever being a point and click. BUT, a seriously amazing game. Amazing soundtrack (i play this shit up all the time), great voice acting and I LOVED the art-deco theme!!

swing it, daddy

10. RumRogerz

RumRogerz TRIBE Member

anyways, I can't stop drooling over this. So i'm gonna post some pics. Cuz thats how Rum Rogerz roooolllz.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm seriously pleased with LucasArts. They did a great job and kept faithful to the original motifs.