• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Buying Stuff on E-Bay from the states

Teufel-man

TRIBE Member
Just wondering what taxes and extra fees would i incur if i bought something from the states on E-Bay. Ps. I have never bought n e thing on E-bay b4. Can someone please give me the heads up!

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
just ask the seller to mark it as a "gift" for customs... should be able to avoid payingt duty that way.

defazman

TRIBE Member
don't ship ups or you'll be raped with border fees.

ship usps or fedex and things'll be cool.

and get it marked as a gift too if you can.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
i've mostly used ups... been slapped with taxes only once

also used fedex several times.. taxed once.

never had to pay with anything sent usps though!

defazman

TRIBE Member
usps is the way to go. I got hammered with border fees on stuff sent ups before to the tune of 50% of the declaired value. Never again.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

bitchass

TRIBE Member
ev said:
i've mostly used ups... been slapped with taxes only once

also used fedex several times.. taxed once.

never had to pay with anything sent usps though!

I think its the difference between UPS Ground and Air - the more expensive Air shipping costs include brokerage fees. Usually FedEx is like this too but I always get things sent USPS because its much cheaper.

joey

TRIBE Member
ALWAYS check what the seller list shipping as. ive been screwed before on this thinking im getting a really good deal not realizing what the shipping cost is and have to pay crazy costs that are no where near what they should be but because they listed it like that you nor ebay can do anything about it

s1k

TRIBE Member
DON"T UPS!!! it's fucked. they charge you "border handling fees" of 50-100$ it's fukin retarded.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Silvershadow

TRIBE Member
The "gift" thing works most of the time, but not always. Once I had something I bought on eBay sent to me as a "gift", but it still had a price tag on it for $20 USD (note: I had only paid $14) and I still got charged fees based on $20 (seeing as they don't charge fees for anything under $20). I guess they opened the package at the border, saw the price tag, and assumed that's what I paid for it.

And yes, UPS is the devil incarnate.