1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Buying skincare on ebay?

Discussion in 'Girl Stuff Forum' started by mandapanda, Apr 11, 2010.

1. mandapanda

mandapanda TRIBE Member

i LOVE my dermalogica moisturizer, however it is approx. $70 regular price and i just don't feel like spending that much on a moisturizer (originally got it for 40% off), no matter how amazing it may be. i found a seller on ebay with very positive feedback who is selling it for around $45. i've never bought skincare off of ebay and i'm a little afraid in case it's not what it says it is and i end up melting my face off or something. :p has anyone ever bought such a thing off of ebay? how do i know if it's legit?

2. kirstenmeows

kirstenmeows TRIBE Member

Feedback is your indicator that they're legit. If their feedback is 5000+ and 98% or higher, it's highly doubtful that you're going to get scammed. If it's less than 100 and 100%, I would still exercise caution despite it being all positive. I've bought skincare through e-bay and had nothing but good experiences. Would I try something new from there? Nope, but if I find something I actually use and it's a really good price, damn straight I'm going to take a closer look.

Hope this helps. :)

3. mandapanda

mandapanda TRIBE Member

thanks for the info. :) i bit the bullet and bought it! here's hoping my face doesn't fall off!

4. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

i've never bought anything off ebay, but i would be comfortable buying a skin care product that i'm familiar with. if the packaging looks legit when you receive it, and the container is still sealed, then you probably won't burn your face off. : )

5. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

oh, and check expiry dates if the product contains an active ingredient?