• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Buying shirts these days

diablo

TRIBE Member
Who sews the buttons on shirts these days? Blind 80-year-olds with Parkinson's and seven missing fingers?

Someone needs to tighten up standards the sweatshops or I'll write a letter, damn it!

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
diablo said:
Who sews the buttons on shirts these days? Blind 80-year-olds with Parkinson's and seven missing fingers?

bahahahahaha
I wouldn't know - I'm too busy replacing my zippers to know any better.

I HATE CLOTHES

--[Zirca]--

TRIBE Promoter
good call. I've noticed that all the buttons on my shirts of late come loose/ fall off real easy too. If it was due to girls tear'n them off me I'd be fine with it, but it's not. :(

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

TRIBE Member
I would kill to get ahold of a shirt with shitty buttons as long as the fucking thing fit me. Anyone have a good spot to get XXL button down casual shirts on the subway line?

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
416 said:
I would kill to get ahold of a shirt with shitty buttons as long as the fucking thing fit me. Anyone have a good spot to get XXL button down casual shirts on the subway line?

hmm. my ex is xxl and he found some nice stuff at Grreat Stuff on queen west.
its just west of trinity bellwoods park. i realize that it is not on the subway line, but hey, take what you can get, bucko!
that said, alot of their merch may be a bit too fruity or dressy for your post-skate rat cum danforth yuppie style.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
My Mom (who was an avid sewing fan) used to say it was because the thread they now use is so crappy. back in the day they had something called button thread that was more durable just to hold buttons and fasteners on to clothing. I guess that is too expensive to use in today's mass production environment. if you go into some vintage stores and check out some pre 1970 clothing you can see that the quality was far superior to todays stuff.

TRO

TRIBE Member
Booty Bits said:
hmm. my ex is xxl and he found some nice stuff at Grreat Stuff on queen west.
its just west of trinity bellwoods park. i realize that it is not on the subway line, but hey, take what you can get, bucko!
names please...

Caz

TRIBE Member
dammit! one of my biggest complaints, right here. The MAJORITY of the clothes I wear are vintage so i rarely see bad quality but when I picked up some new clothes (read: brand new) recently I couldn't believe it man. Buttons fell off on the first wear!! and it was'nt cheap stuff, this shirt in particular was 4you or something :S