• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Buy nothing week

L'ilMisSunshine

TRIBE Member
So I was walking to work this morning (Friday where I am) and I realised I had spent nothing this week. I try to eat well and get exercise so I happen to have walked to and from work and made all three meals everyday this week. I was completely surprised when I noticed that I had not even bought a coffee or pack of gum or paid for the bus ... that I had in fact not spent money on anything this week, without really trying.

Makes me wonder how much I - and other people - spend during the week normally?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
L'ilMisSunshine said:
So I was walking to work this morning (Friday where I am) and I realised I had spent nothing this week. I try to eat well and get exercise so I happen to have walked to and from work and made all three meals everyday this week. I was completely surprised when I noticed that I had not even bought a coffee or pack of gum or paid for the bus ... that I had in fact not spent money on anything this week, without really trying.

Makes me wonder how much I - and other people - spend during the week normally?

You don't smoke, do you.. :p

Must banish the cigs..!

Skipper

TRIBE Member
surely you weren't living entirely for free - are you paying rent this month?

how much do I spend a week? about 20% of my net monthly income, I would imagine.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
L'ilMisSunshine said:
nah, not a smoker. .

ACK! :eek:
Can't talk to you anymore! * Crosses arms and sticks nose in air * Harrumph!
I hate you!.......

OK, well no, not really :p , but it added to the effect..
Honestly the amount I spend on cigs in a month is stupid. One of the major reasons, besides the obvious, why I want to stop...

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
with the exception of accomodations, I have bought shit all this week. But that was only because I was in a place where there was nothing to buy.

Can I see a show of hands for tribers who were ready to explode with BUY NOTHING WEEK CHANGES AND MEANS NOTHING reactions until they read the first post?

L'ilMisSunshine

TRIBE Member
Boss Hog said:
Can I see a show of hands for tribers who were ready to explode with BUY NOTHING WEEK CHANGES AND MEANS NOTHING reactions until they read the first post?

hehe, yeah I named the thread that just to piss off all the tribers with seething malignant tumours up their asses.

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
I always spend WAY too much

dinner out, cabs all over, clothes each payday...

but I'm really really really trying to bring lunch and spend less on crap.

I cut myself down from 600 or a week to 200 a week.

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
L'ilMisSunshine said:
hehe, yeah I named the thread that just to piss off all the tribers with seething malignant tumours up their asses.

Hey! I know people with malignant tumors up their asses... Hope they're ok..

Direct deposit kills me. I always forget what's going out..
And it's always the small things that add up: shampoo, cleaning products, milk..etc., "We're out of TP again?!!"

JESuX

TRIBE Member
i think all i've bought this week is beer and some gum.

:)

pretty typical! but then again, i'm broke right now. if i had cash, it'd be burning a hole in my pocket.

oh wait! i bought a used bike on wednesday night. it was stupidly cheap though.

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
I try to not squander all my money away.

This week I bought my lunches but I can't get away from stopping by Timmies for my bagel and coffee. So that's 2.65$ a day.

But I haven't eaten @ a restaurant all week, which is big for me.

tobywan

TRIBE Member
Well, I made an egg sandwich and coffee to go at home this morning, so that saved me $2.49.

Now if I can manage to do that every day, for the next..ohhhh, year or so, then I'll be set!

JESuX

TRIBE Member
it IS crazy how much all the little things add up, though.

shoppers drug mart. thou art my nemisis.