• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Bush to seek a constitutional amendment to ban gay marraiges.

Mike Richards

TRIBE Member
Who cares....marriage isn't even a sacred bond with straight people anymore anyways. If you wanna Marry then Marry.


Hold on let me clairify before I get caught up in some political battle....Why do we need government recognition of something that is based on love anyway?
 
Last edited:

echootje

TRIBE Member
It just occurred to me that he's doing SO MUCH stuff lately, from nukes in orbit, landing on the moon, Iraq, gay marriages, and terrorism issues that it's very likely the US public can't even keep track of all the sshit he's up to. I think they won't even know what he 'accomplished' by the time elections roll around.

Media assault.

Rob
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

mingster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Mike Richards
Hold on let me clairify before I get caught up in some political battle....Why do we need government recognition of something that is based on love anyway?

it's about more than love. it's about respect. and recognition.

it's also about laws that protect families, and loved ones.
 

mingster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by echootje
It just occurred to me that he's doing SO MUCH stuff lately, from nukes in orbit, landing on the moon, Iraq, gay marriages, and terrorism issues that it's very likely the US public can't even keep track of all the sshit he's up to. I think they won't even know what he 'accomplished' by the time elections roll around.

Media assault.

Rob

hmmm....maybe he's trying to create a diversion.
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Mike Richards
Hold on let me clairify before I get caught up in some political battle....Why do we need government recognition of something that is based on love anyway?
oh man.

alright, it's about having a state recognized union. once that is in place you are legally tied to your spouse and their benefits, are entitled to compassion leaves, hospital visitations etc...
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

mingster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Mike Richards
..from what?

from poverty. from other greedy family members.

you know, laws that are in place for married couples give certain benefits in the event that a partner dies. these laws can protect the children of the union.


married couples receive all kinds of benefits that they wouldn't otherwise get. why shouldn't gays get them too?
 

Mike Richards

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Spinsah
oh man.

alright, it's about having a state recognized union. once that is in place you are legally tied to your spouse and their benefits, are entitled to compassion leaves, hospital visitations etc...
I know it's not your law but that sounds stupid. From this here's a legal question:

If I die nd my will says I leave every one of my worldly possessions to my brother can my spouse trump my own words?
 

Mike Richards

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mingster
from poverty. from other greedy family members.

you know, laws that are in place for married couples give certain benefits in the event that a partner dies. these laws can protect the children of the union.


married couples receive all kinds of benefits that they wouldn't otherwise get. why shouldn't gays get them too?
...there are actually political benefits to getting married? So the love part more or less is the last reason people get married?
 

mingster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Mike Richards

If I die nd my will says I leave every one of my worldly possessions to my brother can my spouse trump my own words?

yeah. probably.


but if you aren't legally married, and your will leaves all you possesions to your partner, your brother can certainly contest that. and what if you have kids? this could leave them with nothing to grow up on.
 

torontobarfly

TRIBE Member
funny isn't it....when the gay community claims to have 10% of the population or more the conservatives cry bullshit and that there's no way they have that much clout...

but talk about gay rights including same sex marriage and these same people cry foul saying it's a threat to the family unit as we know it and our structure as a society could be in peril.....

i wish they'd make up their minds:D
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Mike Richards

TRIBE Member
what? If you love someone enough..marry them. I would do it. I don't think that my love needs to be justified to some conservative moron like GW
 

zoo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mr tall
we need one of those mind-erasing kits, so we don't have to rust


"quick, order those mind-erasing kits, this pod won't know what hit him!"
 

mingster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Mike Richards
what? If you love someone enough..marry them. I would do it. I don't think that my love needs to be justified to some conservative moron like GW
well, if you're gay, you're not allowed to do the same.

it's not a matter of justifying your love. it's a matter of equal rights.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top