• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Bush In 30 Seconds

man_slut

TRIBE Member
I believe this organization is run or funded by Soros’ son. It’s a competition to see who can depict President Bush in 30 seconds most accurately. There are some really good ones for all of us to enjoy… and lament. I apologize if this has been posted already. I haven’t had a chance to go through them all. BUT I WILL!

* holds hand up in the air with clutched fist of confidence *

www.bushin30seconds.org/

ENJOY

:D

starr

TRIBE Member
If i was voting i'd go with "Child's Play" as being the most effective.

Bring 'em on, Imagine, and Army of One would be the runners-up.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

organik

TRIBE Member
looks like they will be airing one of the ads... a winner was choosen... and his ad will run nationwide January 17-21 sponsored by MoveOn.org Voter Fund, coinciding with the President’s State of the Union address on January 20.

organik

TRIBE Member
The finalists in the overall winner competition were:

1. “Army of One,” by Penny Little, Nick Green, Michael Stinson

and Julie Stigwart, Isla Vista, CA.

2. “Bankrupt,” by Adam Klugman and Dave Adams, West Lynn, OR.

3. “Bush’s Repair Shop,” by Eric Martin, Silver Spring, MD.

4. “Child’s Pay,” by Charlie Fisher and others, Denver, CO.

5. “Desktop,” by David Haynes, Dallas, TX.

6. “Gone in 30 Seconds,” by Eric Blumrich, Montclair, NJ.

7. “Hood Robbin’,” by Nathania Vishnevsky, Foster City, CA

8. “Human Cost of War,” by Brian Wilkinson, White Plains, NY.

9. “Imagine,” by Mark Vicente, Los Angeles, CA.

10. “In My Country,” by Harry Katatsakis, Derek Rittenhouse and Chris Wight, New York, NY.

11. “Leave No Billionaire Behind,” by Andrew Boyd, Brooklyn, NY

12. “Polygraph,” by Rich Garella and Adam Feinstein, New York, NY.

13. “What Are We Teaching Our Children?” by Fred Surr, Ted Page, and Janet Tashjian, Needham, MA.

14. “Wake Up America,” by Lisa M. Rowe, Hollywood, CA.

man_slut

TRIBE Member
Ad showing kids laboring to pay off deficit wins MoveOn contest

Ad showing kids laboring to pay off deficit wins MoveOn contest
By Beth Fouhy, Associated Press
http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/nation/2004-01-13-moveon-winner_x.htm

SAN FRANCISCO — Images of children toiling on a grocery line and in a tire factory coupled with a simple line of text — "Guess who's going to pay off President Bush's $1 trillion deficit?" — paid off for 38-year old Charlie Fisher of Denver, Colorado.

A young girl takes a dangerous job in Charlie Fisher's "Child's Pay" ad, which won MoveOn.org's contest.
Image courtesy bushin30seconds.org.

His ad, titled "Child's Pay," was chosen as the winner of the "Bush in 30 Seconds" television ad campaign sponsored by the online political organization MoveOn.com.

MoveOn, a liberal advocacy group boasting some 2.3 million members, announced the winning ad at a New York City gala Monday evening hosted by actress Janeane Garofolo and featuring actors Al Franken, Julia Stiles and the rap group Public Enemy.

"It was judges' favorite by far, but also our members' favorite," said Eli Pariser, MoveOn's campaigns director. "It's about the future of the country and the effects of what Bush's policies will have."

In November, MoveOn invited its members to submit ads that "best tell the truth about President Bush's failed policies." Some 1,500 amateur videographers sent in ideas, which were voted on by MoveOn members.

The 15 finalists were announced last week. The winning ad was selected by a panel of judges including Democratic consultant James Carville and filmmaker Michael Moore.

Fisher, a formerly "apolitical" Internet advertising executive who joined MoveOn after the disputed 2000 presidential election, said concern about the deficit prompted him to enter the contest.

"I wanted to point out how the Republican administration are big spenders, and it's my children and your children who are going to be footing the bill," Fisher said.

Fisher's ad and some of the runners up will air nationally on CNN from Saturday through next week, when President Bush delivers his State of the Union address, Pariser said.

The contest hasn't been without controversy. At least two submissions, comparing President Bush to Adolf Hitler, appeared on the MoveOn web site for several days in December. The ads prompted an angry denunciation from Jewish groups and Republican National Committee chairman Ed Gillespie, who called it "political hate speech."

MoveOn representatives apologized for the ad, but the organization found itself on the defensive for much of the closing week of the campaign.

"One of the postulates of this business is you have to operate in cocoon of believability and credibility," said veteran Democratic media strategist David Doak. "Ads that step over the lines are the kind of thing that you have to guard against."

"Child's Pay" and the other ads can be seen online at http://www.bushin30seconds.org.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copyright 2004 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.