• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Burning TVs like it's China

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
I am up at the cottage and there's an old, "flat screen", CRT television, about 40-50" as far as 4:3 ratio CRT tubes go.

Anyway, bought a replacement to save space.

Holy mother fucking JESUS is that thing heavy. All we could do was to carry it outside. I promptly said "Fuck it, let is rust away here."

But we have an ATV so, an idea came around that we should haul it to the fire pit.

Loaded it up, drove it to the fire pit. Found a 20kg stone somewhere, launched it through the glass. That really did make an impressive implosion. I looked at the glass aftwards, man that stuff is thick. I think that TV is about as large as you could make one as a CRT and support the vacuum problem.

So we poured gas on it and lit it up. The smell really was more reminiscent of Tianjian than east Huron. The plums of black smoke and the sound of exploding capacitors kinda got me hard.

Everyone left because we couldn't breath. But, I see a few recruits coming back.

Once it's cooled down, I'm going to salvage the copper.

-jM
A&D

djfear

TRIBE Member
I once absentmindedly threw plastic wrapping in the fire, only to have the chicken wings over the fire pit turn into the bat wings of Bell Lake, Killarney.

I learned my lesson good.

:(

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
my friend in Port Rowan had a huge farm, one night, we decided to throw a few tires onto the fire. we burned down several acres of his farm.

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
Yeah DJFear the bad side effect of this "experiment" is that we probably can't cook food on it for a while.

-jM
A&D