• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

burning .avi to dvd

justin surdit

TRIBE Member
so i have a bunch of .avi's that my dad wants me to burn to dvd - i assume i need some sort of conversion program to convert to mpeg first, and then use a program like nero to burn to dvd??

are there any shareware apps that will handle this, and still provide quality video? (i'm at my parents, and i don't really feel like installing azureus and torrenting an app for this................

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
justin surdit said:
so i have a bunch of .avi's that my dad wants me to burn to dvd - i assume i need some sort of conversion program to convert to mpeg first, and then use a program like nero to burn to dvd??

are there any shareware apps that will handle this, and still provide quality video? (i'm at my parents, and i don't really feel like installing azureus and torrenting an app for this................
http://www.videohelp.com

Jay

Lil'Timmy

TRIBE Promoter
yeah dood, Nero 7 as well. Its how I get my DVD rips (.avi) on to DVD-rs. Just choose make your own DVD video, is transcodes the video for you to play on a dvd player

CIRCE (Sir C)

TRIBE Member
Only Nero 7.0.1.4...that's the release to look for.
If you get the newest update, they've removed the drag-and-drop *.avi to DVD facility :( too many complaints from "the industry"
Your other choice is a DivX/XviD player...best $75 I ever spent.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories