1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Burger Joints?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by slice, Jun 7, 2010.

1. slice

slice TRIBE Member

Seems to me that these "specialty burgers" places are the hot thing right now as there are a bunch popping up.

I checked out OH BOY! on Queen last night. Man that was a tasty burger. Onion rings are also fantastic. Oh, and just to take the calorie count to another level, we also got the deep fried pickles, which comes with a side of wasabi mayo. I could eat 20 of those things, SO GOOD.

Overall, the place was great, I would def go back, staff was good too. They did an amazing job with the decor/branding as well.

I wanna check out Chuck & Co in Liberty village as well. Anyone been?

What about Burger Shoppe on Ossington, any good?
  2. deevah

deevah TRIBE Member

W burger on college isn't bad
    Yellow Griffin on Bloor W (near Runnymede) but service is retardedly slow.
  3. cosmosuave

cosmosuave TRIBE Member

Well if Burger Shoppe Queen East is any indication save your money... I have tried them 2.5 times the first 2 for the burger and it was ok nothing special I found the burgers lacked any kind of seasoning... The 0.5 time was last week for fries as I was peckish and they were horrible soggy and under cooked and served in a paper bag so the steam makes them soggy...

The key to good fries is to double cook them and not enclose them in a container... I rate all my burgers against those at Utopia on College as I find they have the best burger for the $$$ and the fries are great too which I can never finish...
  4. KodiaK

KodiaK TRIBE Member

west side: Apache Burger
    North east Side: Johnny Burger

there are no other burgers in the city worth a shit.
  5. slice

slice TRIBE Member

Ah yes...drove by that place yesterday. Looks nice in there.
  6. Musical Rush

Musical Rush TRIBE Member

I smoked one last night, the Saturated fat made me hallucinate.
  7. deevah

deevah TRIBE Member

Aris Grill makes a mean burger - one that rivals Johnny. I crave that one more than I do Johnny's
  8. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

C & Dubbs will eat these places' lunch.
  9. Fillmore

Fillmore TRIBE Member

The only place I eat burgers these days is South Street Burger! Love that place and they are now opening at Shops at Don Mills!
  10. derek

derek TRIBE Member

yes. all those fancy burger joints can eat dust.
  11. [- FuNKtiOn -]

[- FuNKtiOn -] TRIBE Member

agreed, Utopia is the shit. too bad its always rammed, especially now that patio season has started.
  12. preacherman

preacherman TRIBE Member

Craft Burger on King at Portland is DOPE - I do agree that the Double O is great esp. the Spicy Boy burger.

Craft Burger in my opinion is all about the toppings, the patties are just there to hold all those great creations; while the Double O seems to have the meat portion of their burger complimenting the toppings ... Ok Mouth Is Watering Now!!!!
  13. deevah

deevah TRIBE Member

it's all about the gourmet poutine @ utopia - feta + mushrooms = :9
  14. derek

derek TRIBE Member

me likes utopia. haven't been in a year or so. now i've got cravings.
  15. Correction sir - Burger Shack near Avenue Rd and Eglington is a damn fine burger.

But most other places around town are overpriced or overrated.
  16. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

Great Burger Kitchen opened in Leslieville, on Gerrard near Jones.

Their burgers are OK and the menu has lots of interesting toppings and variations but I find the meat overly salty. Been twice and the saltiness is just too much for me.

Great Burger Kitchen
    1056 gerrard street east

Home Page
  17. deevah

deevah TRIBE Member

it's nice but $$$

a burger is a burger, no sides come with it. I think the last time i went in, i had just a regular burger (most likely with cheese) + poutine + root beer and it came out to $18 without tip.

The $9 burger + fries + pop i had @ Aris yesterday kicked W's ass but no guarantees it's hormone/antibiotic free beef - it's a good diner burger. No frills, no fancy toppings but so juicy it drips down your hands as you eat. And I like their fries, simple thick-cut, crispy outside, mushy inside diner fries. It was so good i almost posted/tweeted/fb'd about it yesterday but my hands were too dirty.
  18. alexd

A side order of hormones!
  19. alexd

Does any place in TO make a pork burger? Or a blended beef/pork burger?
  20. deevah

deevah TRIBE Member

^there is...i just had a discussion with someone about this. On the tip of my brain...

Answer: yellow griffin - any of their burgers can sub turkey, chicken, veggie or pork patties
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  21. wickedken

wickedken TRIBE Member

The Kraft burger at Yonge and Charles is also pretty damn good. Whatever the bacon cheeseburger is named is delicious. I had to stop going to that and Gourmet burger up the street though due to the cholesterol count.

When I don't feel like paying ~$10 for a burger I like Mars, the one on College at Bathurst. Their "banquet burger" - bacon cheese - is very tasty. Very greasy spoon tasty. It's also open 24hrs on the weekend.
  22. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

what the ras happened to licks????
  23. alexd

There is still one in the beach, but they steam their meat b4 they broil it. eeew.
  24. Rage

Rage TRIBE Member

Another vote for W Burger Bar on College & Yonge!

Great staff, very friendly, layout is small but nice and they have a Kobe Beef burger...mmmmmmmmmmmm
  25. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

i know where that one is alex, and licks still kicks all kinds of ass
    fuck a hero burger, more like a zero burger