• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Building the perfect Yellow Jacket trap

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
This year, the Yellow Jackets in Toronto seem particularly plentiful and nasty - perhaps it was the drought or the hot summer. The Yellow Jacket season is only just starting and they are everywhere!

I have been combing the Internets for the best and most innovative Yellow Jacket traps that are cheap or free to build and actually work.

The dude below uses bacon as an attractant for Yellow Jackets baconpan , but I am wondering if our Toronto Yellow Jackets even like bacon - from experience, I know they go for the sweet things (like me!), but have never heard of them liking bacon before.

I may build a few different types of traps and do a dead Yellow Jacket count to see which traps are the most effective.

[YOUTUBE]W7KkBySHWKM[/YOUTUBE]

zerOGda2nd

TRIBE Member
Get a tall glass jar

Fill it with watered down honey about half way

Put it where the wasps are

The wasps will drown in the jar, they love honey

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Bacon yellow jacket trap drawing doesn't even look like a yellow jacket ffs

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Fuck, four of these bit me last week ended up in an ambulance.
I have been stung once so far this year and they aren't even aggressive yet... Just wait till we have a couple of cool nights and they figure winter is coming and they will be out for blood or sugar or whatever they fucking eat.

Brandon

TRIBE Member
Had breakfast on my patio on Saturday and a wasp took a keen interest in the leftover maple syrup on my plate. I enjoyed watching him get his legs stuck and then strain to take off. Of course the minute he got free he would decide to land again and the cycle would begin anew.

Ho||yw0oD

TRIBE Member
This weekend I was BBQing chicken thighs that were marinating in a fig, date and rum marinade. The yellow jacket was super interested in the marinade. It was funny to see the yellow jacket get sauced off the rum.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
I friggin hate hornets + patios.. and they're super agro this year.

and I can't shake them.. like HAI, HAI, go away.. okay..

oh, HAI

nooo