• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

bubba hotep = best movie everrrr

Pyrovitae

TRIBE Member
'you've got bugs here the size of a peanut butter and banana sandwich'

'We find the King (Bruce Campbell) as an elderly resident in an East Texas rest home, who switched identities with an Elvis impersonator years before his “death”, then missed his chance to switch back. Elvis teams up with Jack (Ossie Davis), a fellow nursing home resident who thinks that he is actually President John F. Kennedy, and the two valiant old codgers sally forth to battle an evil Egyptian entity who has chosen their long-term care facility as his happy hunting grounds…'

bubba

go see it. now. it's playing at the paradise and the royal for the next week.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Pyrovitae

TRIBE Member
it's playing at the royal until march 3 - usually a 9:30 show. the royal is located in the heart of little italy, college, west of bathurst.

it also starts at the paradise from march 4-10 on bloor, west of ossington station. more info can be found here

'cleopatra does the nasty'

Quadratic

TRIBE Member
I saw it on Saturday at the Royal. The crowd was amazing.

I did find the beginning slightly slow. But it was a great film.

juice

TRIBE Member
Was supposed to see it tonight but going on Sunday instead at the Paradise Theatre. It was sold out right away at the film festival so finally a chance to see it.

Evil Dynovac ... Paradise Theatre is at Bloor and Ossington. The Royal is at College and Grace.

gollum

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Pyrovitae
'you've got bugs here the size of a peanut butter and banana sandwich'

'We find the King (Bruce Campbell) as an elderly resident in an East Texas rest home, who switched identities with an Elvis impersonator years before his “death”, then missed his chance to switch back. Elvis teams up with Jack (Ossie Davis), a fellow nursing home resident who thinks that he is actually President John F. Kennedy, and the two valiant old codgers sally forth to battle an evil Egyptian entity who has chosen their long-term care facility as his happy hunting grounds…'

bubba

go see it. now. it's playing at the paradise and the royal for the next week.

I'd just like to say thanks for inviting me to the movie Nat. You guys are fuckers.

After I called and let you know about American Idol untalented.....

geez some friends :)

Pyrovitae

TRIBE Member
you never called me unless you told al. fucker never gives me my messages.

and it was an *extended* invite :p you shoulda talked to rich. t'was fun. there were about 11 of us and we took up a whole row. hope to see you soon, schmase.

SpaceBabe

TRIBE Member
Going to see it this Thursday at the Royal.

I saw in the papers that it'll still be on at 9:30pm there!

NICE!

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
and for all you Bruce Campbell fans out there... New Line Cinema is working on acquiring the rights to the evil dead and ash (bruce campbell) as an internal memo has been passed around with a treatment for freddy vs Jason 2 which includes Ash in the movie..that could be good!!!

fvj2022904.jpg

Last edited:

defazman

TRIBE Member
Yeehaw, I saw this last night and it was great. Bruce's acting and the seven drinks I consumed immediately before the show (and during) really made this a memorable experience.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
it is good....the opening scenes are great with him in bed:)

not your average blockbuster type deal here which means it's really worth seeing

FoxyM

TRIBE Member
rented it from Blockbuster a couple of nights ago.... pure Bruce Campbell. It had a couple of very Army of Darkness type moments... and the some of the best Bruce Campbell one-liners.

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Littlest Hobo
I thoroughly enjoyed this movie.

"Don't make me use my stuff on you <air chop>!"
bought the DVD... LOVED IT... bruce does a audio commentary as the king wich is priceless.
g.

smile

TRIBE Member
i can't tell whether everyone is being sarcastic or not.

but i'm guessing YES, judging by how much of a steaming turd that movie looks like.