• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Bryan McCabe for Chris Pronger??

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
lol...if his wife dont like toronto, she is sure as hell not going to like edmonton, but fuck him, his job is to play hockey

i just hope that they dont sign macabe to that fuckin deal no matter what happens

Muffdiver

TRIBE Member
I thought McCabe's new "deal" had a no trade/no waiver clause.

He isn't going to wave all that to go to Edmonton.

SJN

TRIBE Member
McCabe hasn't signed his new deal yet.

Pronger for McCabe straight up is a pipe dream for Leafs fans. Toronto would have to throw more into that deal.

Muad'ib

Well-Known TRIBEr
edmonton wouldn't take mccabe, he got chased out of the western conference bc he couldn't skate, and if you are an oiler, you have to skate.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
Muad'ib said:
edmonton wouldn't take mccabe, he got chased out of the western conference bc he couldn't skate, and if you are an oiler, you have to skate.
indeed, unless the oilers have someone to ship him off to right away..maybe the rangers?
or islanders?

either way, i dont see this happening no how no way
if jfj trades tucker, i will persoinally kill him, tucker is pretty much the only player on the leafs who shows up every night, never cries just plays

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
as soon as I heard about the Pronger thing, I immediately thought the Leafs and McCabe and one of their two young goalie prospects (might even need to throw in a pick as well).

Edmonton just had a glaring need on the back end on the PP...plus McCabe played in Medicine Hat

of course if this is about where Pronger's wife/family want to live, it's all speculation

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Apparently the actual deal is Kaberle/Steen for Pronger. They'd have to scrap McCabes contract as well but he's not going to Edmonton.

Prickly Pete

TRIBE Member
McCabe for Pronger can't happen. Its impossible.

1) McCabe doesn't have a contract right now. Therefor is not property of the leafs to trade.
2) Once he signs his new deal, he can't be traded for a certain period of time (I think its till december 15).

vench

TRIBE Promoter
Pronger is not gonna come to Toronto. get over it.

I'd rather have Kaberle than him anyways. I like Kaberle and once he learns to shoot more, he'll be that much better.

kuba

TRIBE Member
Agree with vench. Fuck pronger. When assessing long-term trades, I always look at which player has more upside, for longer. Kaberle is what, 3-4 years younger than Pronger? Therefore, more potential. And to give up Steen along with Kaberle woudl be a shot to the theory of developing our young players.

Not a chance in hell would I do it, but I would trade McCabe, too bad it's true what everyone else says about his non-signed deal.

OutcastTO

TRIBE Member
kuba said:
Agree with vench. Fuck pronger. When assessing long-term trades, I always look at which player has more upside, for longer. Kaberle is what, 3-4 years younger than Pronger? Therefore, more potential. And to give up Steen along with Kaberle woudl be a shot to the theory of developing our young players.

Not a chance in hell would I do it, but I would trade McCabe, too bad it's true what everyone else says about his non-signed deal.

Kaberle is not and will never be as valuable to a team as Pronger is. Kaberle may be younger, but that's about it.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
^^are you crazy..the only reason mcrap and tucker for that matter got so many points is because kaberle is one of the best passers in the game, has good break out speed and knows what to do in his own end
he is only gonna get better

pronger had a shit season last year, and if you saw him at the olympics it was to cry, i wouldnt have picked him for my team to go to the special olympics, he played good for the last two months, that is it
and now he demands a trade..jeebus

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
bbj.

Shut up.

Kaberle is good but he's no Pronger. He's marginally better than his brother and there are 10 defensemen in the league that are better than him. Everyone keeps bringing up his performance in the Olympics. But nobody mentions the fact that Jovo and Niedermayer weren't there.

He had a very trying season, but so did the entire team. When the guy between the pipes couldn't stop a beachball it has an effect on your confidence.

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
basketballjones said:
^^are you crazy..the only reason mcrap and tucker for that matter got so many points is because kaberle is one of the best passers in the game, has good break out speed and knows what to do in his own end
he is only gonna get better

pronger had a shit season last year, and if you saw him at the olympics it was to cry, i wouldnt have picked him for my team to go to the special olympics, he played good for the last two months, that is it
and now he demands a trade..jeebus

I wouldn't exactly say Pronger had a shit year. He did get 56 points, 16 of those coming with Edmonton, although only 10 of those 23 games were winners with him in the roster. He had a very slow start in the beginning of the season, but like you said picked up his game in the end, like Brodeur.

Muffdiver

TRIBE Member
don't forget, Pronger played in the Olympics with a broken foot.

If anyone on team Canada had an excuse for terrible play it was him.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
Sleepy Giant said:
bbj.

Shut up.

Kaberle is good but he's no Pronger. He's marginally better than his brother and there are 10 defensemen in the league that are better than him. Everyone keeps bringing up his performance in the Olympics. But nobody mentions the fact that Jovo and Niedermayer weren't there.

He had a very trying season, but so did the entire team. When the guy between the pipes couldn't stop a beachball it has an effect on your confidence.
kaberle has been the only bright spot on the leafs d for about 4 years now
he never whines, just plays
he is very underrated, pronger is good yeah, but how much shit do you want to eat when you get him to your team unless his wife apporves?
kaberle signed a good deal, didnt try to rob the leafs a la macrap

and how can you even say pronger sucked donkey balls cause neidermayer ad jovo werent there...what are they there to make him look good, get it together man
pronger is a great d, and seems to have found his stride finally, that being said there is no way i would give kaberle and steen up for him

oh yeah, how trying was it for him to rake in what 7 mil...boo fuckin hoo, he is an athlete payed to perform, so shut the fuck up and do it....i understand his wife doesnt like edmonton...but he isnt paid to love edmonton, and her expenses are paid by him playing for the team that owns his rights

Last edited:

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
Muffdiver said:
don't forget, Pronger played in the Olympics with a broken foot.

If anyone on team Canada had an excuse for terrible play it was him.
then why was he playing?, that is selfish in my eyes, cause he fuckin sucked in the olympics, same with mcrap

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
basketballjones said:
and how can you even say pronger sucked donkey balls cause neidermayer ad jovo werent there...what are they there to make him look good, get it together man
This comment alone gets you 10 gold internets.

Take a look at the minutes he was playing asshole. On bigger ice, against the best players in the world, hurt no less. Not having Jovo and Niedermayer there had a direct impact on his game.

You are an idiot if you think otherwise.

Quit being a jackass. Oops too late.