• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

brussel sprouts

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Poot

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Boss Hog
In a pot with boiling water, but sitting in a metal steamer atop it.

Hmm... 8 - 10 min... pull 'em out after 8, if they've got some give, they're ready... if still firm, put 'em back in for a couple more minutes. You could also taste one to determine if it's ready...

The BF recommends quasi-blanching - soaking them in ice water (10 min) first will keep them an enticing green hue once you've steamed them.

:)

IgStar

TRIBE Member
yup, usually 8-10min is good. If a fork easily goes through it, they are good to go.

mmmmmmmm...I like mine with cheese melted on them.

Casey

TRIBE Member
mmm, I love brussel sprouts. I never time them, just stick a fork in them to see how soft they are.

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Casey
mmm, I love brussel sprouts. I never time them, just stick a fork in them to see how soft they are.

Me too!! Yummeeeeee

I LOve Brussel Sprouts with butter. Or I like to cook them in brown rice with herbs and spices.

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by pr0nstar
Where's the puking emoticon when you need it.

here it is.
puke.gif

lucky1

TRIBE Member
When I steam then I remove the outer leaves then cut of the bottoms. I then take my knife and cut an X into the bottom about a quarter inch or so into the sprout. This speeds up the coking time.