• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Brrrrr! Festival.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
Amazing.

Thank you for the awesome techno.

The first night on friday was a bit of a weird experience. Freezing our ass off. Looked like an intro. Saturday was completely stellar! amazing.

Sitting in that heated dome, and then just Magda techo was just too much to handle. talk about getting giddy. holy shit. amazing.

After somehow making it to moskito after a brief adventure in leu, they were cranking out the techno again. Techno bliss saturday. Thx.

Also on the bacardi stage, that guy Danny Avila completely ripped that shit up. big props.

horay for awesome techno! <3

Moskito

more video inbound.

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
I only went for a little bit at the end on saturday. but I thought it was cool. and everyone was dressed up all ravey with glow sticks, and I saw some dude giving some chick a light show with his gloves which cracked me up. and everyone was dancing cause you had to or you would be cold. and i found it amusing to be dancing on sand in the middle of winter. and I liked it. thats all I got.

sianspherica

TRIBE Member
Loved it!

My GF and some friends and I went, we dressed super insane warm. My friday setup included: longjohns, jeans, 3 pairs of socks, tshirt, light hoodie, fleece, fall jacket, 2 pairs of gloves, hat. THAT is how you stay warm in -20 for 4 hours. On the Saturday I didnt wear as many layers, at one point on Saturday night I took off the hats and gloves and everything but a long sleeve tshirt! All that dancing to techno kept me warm.

Friday:
Mord Fustang played some pretty badass current electro and dubstep (this is from someone who doesn't like a lot of current dubstep). Crowd ate it up. Great set, even if Mord Fustang wasn't the most interesting DJ to watch.

Moby fucking killed it! The man is seriously such a treat to watch live with his band or DJing. Played a great set of house. Super energetic performance from him, he ended the set standing on his DJ console topless and yelling at the crowd who loved it. Such a great thing to experience.

As for the cold, on Friday it was only really a bit bad when you were away from the main stage. If you were dressed really sensibly and warm you shouldnt have been that cold at the main stage area.

Saturday wasn't as great to me as I am not a huge fan of Magda and Dubfire. Just not quite as in to minimal techno / prog house. Some of it is great but a lot of it I don't have the attention span for. Attendance wasn't as good on Saturday but that's probably a consequence of the lineup being geared towards a bit of an older crowd and the actual people attending seemed more of a 20's crowd rather than 30's.

Overall the event was great and I would absolulely go back again in 2014. They should probably move it to a somewhat warmed time of winter though, maybe early March or December.

The entire sound and lighting setup at the main stage was fantastic.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kyfe

TRIBE Member
Although the turnout appeared low, especially in comparison to Igloofest it was one of the best run festivals/events I have seen.

The decor and setup was excellent, the sound was solid considering it was outdoors, the location was perfect.

Magda and Dubfire owned on Saturday

Special shout out to the group of distinguished gentlemen that I was rolling with;)

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
we had a blast both nights. moby killed it on friday and saturday belonged to dubfire.

the crowd was a bit bigger on friday. many of my friends who came out on friday ended up missing saturday, which was unfortunate. (lightweights!)

the mulled wine vendor was awesome!

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
I only went for a little bit at the end on saturday. but I thought it was cool. and everyone was dressed up all ravey with glow sticks, and I saw some dude giving some chick a light show with his gloves which cracked me up. and everyone was dancing cause you had to or you would be cold. and i found it amusing to be dancing on sand in the middle of winter. and I liked it. thats all I got.
michie - i'm sorry i missed you! i was told you were there and then that you were going to footwork for the after-party, but i didn't end up seeing you at either. hopefully next time!

oeretS

TRIBE Member
footwork was a gong show on Saturday, Dubfire and Magda both killed. Dubfire played a little more rolling and groovy than he did at the festival, which was welcomed. First time seeing Magda and she was totally awesome at both events.

Saturday at the festival was pretty good, although probably under attended which took a lot of energy out of the earlier hours until the main stage got busy. Felt bad for Justin Martin as he was stuck with a rather lifeless crowd. C&C were OK, kinda cheesy though - they have their DJ tool with a "you are listening to the sounds of Chus & Caballos" vocal that was just so lame. Magda brought the goods though, playing some funky minimal, acid, electro - all good stuff. Dubfire got everyone jumping for the finish with his trademark monster party tracks.

I'd definitely do this again, for next time I think they just need a bit more big name talent at both stages

videotronic

TRIBE Member
they have their DJ tool with a "you are listening to the sounds of Chus & Caballos" vocal that was just so lame.
i cant believe they still do that shit lol. it was fucking lame in like 2002 and its even more fucking lame in 2013.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories