• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Brrr? Winter Music Festival

acheron

TRIBE Member
WMF more like WTF.

I'd laugh if the temps are like they are right now and those bottle service twats will be struggling to keep their drinks from freezing

acheron

TRIBE Member
well they didn't get a TRIBE stamp on the flyer, natch... which is why I didn't link to their website to begin with. Highly questionable event.

It will definitely be lulz, though - I am imagining many 905 dorks coming down wearing their Canada Goose coats, girls will all be in their usual club attire, not expecting this to be a mostly outdoor event. That heated dome will be rammed.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
I'd laugh if the temps are like they are right now and those bottle service twats will be struggling to keep their drinks from freezing
Classic Toronto attitude.

This is Montreal brocking out in even colder temperatures. When I checked out Noze in 2008 it was -30C and it went off!

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
This year you can attend all 12 Igloofest nights for $40.

I think it's cool they're going for this in Toronto, but the whole VIP/Rogers/Live Nation thing doesn't fill me with much hope for the event. These type of events can do really well, but I think they need more investment and involvement from the city itself.

sianspherica

TRIBE Member
Rogers/Live Nations's Digital Dreams went down pretty well, except for the ticket/lineup people some experienced on Saturday afternoon

I got there early and had a great time.

Anyways, GF and I are going to BRRRRR and pretty stoked about it.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
going with some good people. staying for a couple djs i wanna see. what could possibly go wrong? :p

and lol @ this thread being core'd. Someone's butthurt.

oeretS

TRIBE Member
the cons (corporate sponsorship, Montreal biting, weak ass lineup) are outweighing the pros (?) on this but I'm gonna check it out on Saturday with some friends, it's a short walk from my place so why not.

Not expecting much, prove me wrong toronto!

erika

TRIBE Member
I got an offer for $20 for the two days a couple of days ago: I don't know how much Toronto is embracing the concept of party outside when it's freezing.

And I'm not quite sure how much I could dance in those temperatures, which is what I like to do - though I'd love to see Miss Kittin again (even though they spelled it Miss Kitten on the flyer :p )

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
And I'm not quite sure how much I could dance in those temperatures, which is what I like to do - though I'd love to see Miss Kittin again (even though they spelled it Miss Kitten on the flyer :p )
You need to dance to stay warm. Only standing still will let the cold set in.

derek

TRIBE Member
in those temps dancing to happy hardcore will keep you moving fast and warm. perhaps the thread is in the right room?