1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Browser Test - www.html5test.com

Discussion in 'Technology' started by glych t.anomaly, Aug 5, 2010.

1. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

So if you go to The HTML5 test - How well does your browser support HTML5? it will tell you how your browsers speed test and overall awesomeness ranks against HTML5.

My buddy who works for RIM got me to do a speed test on my Nexus one, i used both the default browser, and the Dolphin Browser, and both scored 176/300, and the Iphone 3GS scored 175/300.

the new Web Kit BB OS 6 browser scores a whopping 208/300, my Chrome Browser hit 197/300, Opera 10.6 failed at 159/300, but not as bad as Firefox @ 127/300. and IE8 with a whopping 27/300.

Any of you new iphone4 users, can you go to this site and see what it scores !?!?!?

2. Dialog

Dialog TRIBE Member

Mac Safari 5.1 also scores 208 (plus 7 bonus points...?)
  3. glych t.anomaly

I believe the 7 bonus points are things that most browsers dont support in a ideal HTML5 friendly browser. Chrome scored 7 Bonus as well.

4. glych t.anomaly

5. Phat Trick

Phat Trick TRIBE Promoter

iphone 4 - safari: 185 + 7 bonus
  6. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

So better than a Nexus One?
  7. glych t.anomaly

i should hope so !

its supposed to be running the mobile version of Safari's latest build, and Safari 5.1 was the only one to score 208 along side the BB OS 6 Browser, and was the only one to do so.

so its good that its next in line.

whats interesting is none of the mobile browsers i tested got any bonuses, and most desktop browsers got no bonuses.

and if its out of 300, where is the other 92 points?

and i think there is 11 bonues?

and there explanations dont really enlighten one, so who knows, its interesting to see how different browsers perform across not only Mobile Apps but the actual computer Apps.

8. greginhali

greginhali TRIBE Member

camino on a macbook wait for it ......46 out of 300. man thats bad!
  9. Dialog

Dialog TRIBE Member

Are you using the latest version? The lead programmer for Camino was poached by Google for Mac Chrome so it has definitely been lagging behind on integrating the latest Gecko engine updates... which sucks as it's been so fast :(
  10. greginhali

greginhali TRIBE Member

2.0.3 claims to be the latest version. Not sure if it is my computer or just the browser.