• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Broke HAND - 2 places - drugs - yum!

veteze

TRIBE Promoter
i've had the most fucked up day today. the highlight being me smashing my entire hand in a freight elevator door and breaking 2 bones and fracturing one. when the door came up my hand was all squished and not looking my good one. very scary. it's my left hand so i can still mouse and jerk off so i should be okay for the next 8 weeks while i heal. i have to go back on monday to maybe get it pinned. this is going to be the best summer ever.

i'm typing with 1.2 hands right now. i'm on hydromorphone. i feel spacey. i'm afraid to try to sleep.

--r

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

veteze

TRIBE Promoter
the thing that sucks the most is as the drug wears off the pain comes back and you're craving for the pain to go away. after only having one i can feel how that craving (after a few days of fixing pain) could shift to just fixing...

where do i get those other neat sounding drugs? :)

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
mikeryan said:
i

i'm typing with 1.2 hands right now. i'm on hydromorphone. i feel spacey. i'm afraid to try to sleep.

I say gawd damn, they gave you dilaudid? Don't sleep, enjoy. or sell it on the open market.

Preroller

TRIBE Member
I hear ya...broke my fibula 3 months ago...too bad you wont get off work as long as I did...sucka!!!!!! seriously...get better soon, it gets boring after a couple weeks of pure movies and sports on TV. :) Have u gone to sleep yet? I somehow drug myself upstairs and tried to sleep for a couple hours b4 I finally just went to the Hospital and got a cast....worst pain evar....thanks weed for all your help!

Last edited:
Which bones did you break? Centre or edges of your hand?
The air-bag busted my hand up in a head on car collision in 2001 and I still can't feel the tip of my thumb.

Make sure you go to physio for longer than you think you need to go if there's a lot of soft tissue damage.

TribeLurkerGrrl

TRIBE Member
Holy shit Ryan, that's pretty mental. (although I really didn't need to hear about you jerking off while I'm eating my brekky)

I'd enjoy whatever painkillers they are giving ya, but make sure you get more on Monday.

Take care of yourself. You're gonna need that arm for chaging small people pretty soon!

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
DUUUUUDE!!!

What the fuck are you doing near freight elevators? This is horrible? Especially since I just emailed you with some good news....

If Def Leppard can have a one armed drummer....

Your shtick could be a one hand DJ....

I hope you get better soon!

veteze

TRIBE Promoter
i broke the bone below the knuckle of my index finger. that's the bad one. my index knuckle is about 2 cm down further than it should be. at the hospital they wanted to fix this - pull the bones apart so they butt up against each other again. they injected my hand full of freezing and the doc wrestled and pulled on it and put my whole hand in an L shaped brace. they then re-ex-rayed to see if they were joined up again and they weren't so i get to back in on monday for surgery to slice it open and pin the bones back together. the bone above the knuckle of my ring finger is also broken and a third is fractured near my wrist. my hand is swelled up all nasty today. i had the most fucked up dreams last night.

mark i was in a freight elevator loading furniture to take up to the new office space i've rented. there were so many strange things happening yesterday. the fates were conspiring against me all week to make sure june 1st was going to be as messed up a day as possible. i wonder what my horroscope said.

this took me 20 minutes to type. i think that's all my tribe for today.

:)

lucky1

TRIBE Member
shitty buzz about the cast in summer... my ex broke his scafoid (sp?) in summer and had to wear a cast that made it look like he was giving the thumbs up sign all summer.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
mikeryan said:
what did you do to yourself??

I have in inflamatory bowel disease that results in excrutiating pain... doesn't happen often.. couple of times a year.. maybe 3 times a year.. but when it does... it's the worst!

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
That injury is worse than mine 3 summers ago. I broke the knuckle of my middle finger while fighting tequilla and a car, I think. My hand was in a splint for less than two weeks. I don't think I could touch the palm of my hand with my middle finger until a month after it occured. Scar tissue grew over it and the knuckle is twice the size of what it should be.

How big did your hand swell up?

Kazoo

TRIBE Member
mikeryan said:
i broke the bone below the knuckle of my index finger. that's the bad one. my index knuckle is about 2 cm down further than it should be. at the hospital they wanted to fix this - pull the bones apart so they butt up against each other again. they injected my hand full of freezing and the doc wrestled and pulled on it and put my whole hand in an L shaped brace. they then re-ex-rayed to see if they were joined up again and they weren't so i get to back in on monday for surgery to slice it open and pin the bones back together. the bone above the knuckle of my ring finger is also broken and a third is fractured near my wrist. my hand is swelled up all nasty today. i had the most fucked up dreams last night.

mark i was in a freight elevator loading furniture to take up to the new office space i've rented. there were so many strange things happening yesterday. the fates were conspiring against me all week to make sure june 1st was going to be as messed up a day as possible. i wonder what my horroscope said.

this took me 20 minutes to type. i think that's all my tribe for today.

:)

Dude, I really feel for you b/c something similare but to a lesser extent happened to me last month. I dropped smashed my right-hand ring finger b/t a 65 lb dumbell and and weight on the ground. The bone fractured and the finger split down 4 seams. I ended losing a lot of blood, required 26 stitches and they reconstructed the bone. My finger looks disfigured now, has limited mobility and it hurts whenever I am in gym hitting the weights. BUT it is slowly getting better, so just be patient. And like Val said make sure you do your therapy - it makes a big difference. Good luck.

Poot

TRIBE Member
mikeryan and kazoo can have disfigured hand gross-out competitions!

ps: I like your funny finger, kazoo. It gives you character. You know, because you didn't already have enough.