• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

bringing back color to clothes

swilly

TRIBE Member
Is it possible to bring back the color to a shirt or jeans or something. I have this dress shirt that i love but my stupid flatmates last year washed it in hot water and it leaked all the color. Is it possible to some how bring the color back?

I doubt it but i was wondering?
later
swilly

deep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by daddyiwantchocolate
Buy dye (fabricland) tabs.
Throw in wash with clothes you want dyed that colour.
Throw in wash with agent that sets colour.
Hang to dry.
^

fucking a

I got a baseball cap that I want to resurrect

Get killed by mummy-deep for dying the inside of her white washing machine the colour of your hat.

(I forgot to add that you should do it in a stainless washer and make sure you only dark loads in it for about 3 washes. Or go to a laundry place and live with the guilt of ruining someone else's wash.)

With just a hat you could do it in a bucket.

PASS ME A BUCKET!

(but eeet's only waffer theeen!)

IgStar

TRIBE Member
Hang to dry.
that shit rawks!

I bought a dark blue (denim) and fixed some jeans...and black for a shirt that was severely faded.

BAM!

I got my shit from Zellers though, can't recall the name

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by swilly
Is it possible to bring back the color to a shirt or jeans or something. I have this dress shirt that i love but my stupid flatmates last year washed it in hot water and it leaked all the color. Is it possible to some how bring the color back?

I doubt it but i was wondering?
later
swilly
did you miss this whole 80's re-hashing thing or wha-??...actually there is a lot of blandy fashion out there but it's for the minimalists like me;)

swilly

TRIBE Member
Hang to dry.

hmmm how do you know which color your shirt used to be. Like i know mine was a navy blue but i am sure there are many differnt hues of this though

hmmmm that is great that i am so going to fuck up the laundry matt down the street. This one machine cost me some 5 dollars over the years because it would take my money and then not work

welll ha ha i get my revenge now mister rich laundrymatt owner

swilly

swilly

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: bringing back color to clothes

Originally posted by terrawrist III
did you miss this whole 80's re-hashing thing or wha-??...actually there is a lot of blandy fashion out there but it's for the minimalists like me;)
bit confused on the 80s rehashing comment. I am assuming you are referring to faded jeans

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

IgStar

TRIBE Member
Did it come with a dye fix or did you just use salt?

Or nothing?

it was called RIT

and it was just a powder box (they did have liquid)
I just poured it in the wash with hot water...according to instructions. I didn't have to add anything to it, but i did have to put them through 2 rinse cycles alone to ensure they wouldn't leak. They still look good and that was over a year ago.

not too shabby.

swilly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Indian Girl
it was called RIT

and it was just a powder box (they did have liquid)
I just poured it in the wash with hot water...according to instructions. I didn't have to add anything to it, but i did have to put them through 2 rinse cycles alone to ensure they wouldn't leak. They still look good and that was over a year ago.

not too shabby.
where did you get this stuff at fabric land ?

Also with the kind you used did it wreck your laundry machine

swilly

IgStar

TRIBE Member
I got mine at Zellers and it was cheap. Like..$5 or something retarded.

I did it at the apt. I lived at soooo....but after the 1st wash, yup....black. But after washing them in a rinse cycle twice, the machine looked ok.
I was impressed to be honest. And the jeans still look OK.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

fightingskurvy

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: bringing back color to clothes

Originally posted by swilly
bit confused on the 80s rehashing comment. I am assuming you are referring to faded jeans
I think he only read the title of your post but not the content. B/c it appears as if he thought you were complaining that current fashion isn't colourful enough- that's what i thought when i read the thread title...but you actually meant that you LITERALLY wanted to bring the colour back to clothes...hence teh 80's comment b/c that is what is instyle ATM.