• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Bring it....

shylock_one

TRIBE Member
back to the old skool!

I was just going through a few old tracks and was just remember how good some tracks were, especially "Technology" by Ed Rush and Nico (Boymerang mix).
There's just something good about drum and bass that you can dance to. :D
175bpm just isn't doing it for me lately.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

seeker

TRIBE Member
:)
i was thinking about this the other day while listening to a tape that's a couple years old. at the time it sounded quite hard and dark, but looking back, it just doesn't have the pace of today's stuff. the last time i heard jungle out was at bittersweet. andy c rocked it, but man, that stuff's so fast! i like to kick it hard, but i find that breakbeat music doesn't need to be that fast for me to dance really hard.

of course, if i'm driving in the car, something insanely fast can be great! ;)

Juan Love

TRIBE Member
Big up on that one shylock...
Boymerang is/was legendary.
At one time the man had the midas touch and then...MIA
:confused:

I've heard a rumor of a possible lp on Test, but that's still unconfirmed...

smile

TRIBE Member
word to that....boymerang was the ISH!

"soul beat runna" was the CHOON!

i heard he's been in a punk band ever since that EP (album?) on royal records.

rentboy

TRIBE Member
wasn't Boymerang (Graham Sutton) in a British rock/pop band b4 he became a producer...

i always liked his stuff too...he was fucking big at one time.

Juan Love

TRIBE Member
Werd...the band he was in is called Bark Psychosis.

In the last few years he's been involved in editing scores for movies. He's credited for "Inventing the Abbots" and THE scariest flick of the last decade, "Event Horizon".

Last things officially creditied to him though were a Mandalay remix and the production of the Unitone World Sampler, Vol. 1: "An Electronic World" which is supposed to be pretty rad.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

AVE

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Juan Love
Vol. 1: "An Electronic World" which is supposed to be pretty rad.
lol.......i haven't heard anyone say 'rad' since powell peralta days:)