1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Brilliant schemes you concocted but never implemented

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Dr Funk MD, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Dr Funk MD

Dr Funk MD TRIBE Promoter

Rather then spend the fifty cents on a stamp to pay my bills I'd reuse the envelope it was sent in. Just put my cheque inside.

I suppose you could do this will all local mail and just switch the send and return addresses, sans stamp.

2. ian

ian TRIBE Member

You do know they cancel stamps on delivery right? Those little black marks over the stamp? Can't re-use 'em.

3. JOSHB

JOSHB TRIBE Member

Or maybe write the address in the return address slot, then write return to sender.

4. Dr Funk MD

I forgot to add that.

This is why I don't try my hair brained schemes!!

5. kaniz

kaniz TRIBE Member

.... to write a program that captures half pennies of every transaction and...........

or something like that

6. JOSHB

JOSHB TRIBE Member

My scheme would be to just not pay the bill and when they call, pretend like I did.

7. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

portable mp3 players.

edit: oops, I misread the title as

Brilliant schemes concocted but you never implemented

8. Beer babe

Beer babe TRIBE Member

send a cheque to pay a bill and 'forget' to sign it. oh or send the cheque for the hydro to bell and vice versa. heehee

9. Persephone

Persephone TRIBE Member

The stanley keg/bubba.

Imagine a keg or bubba that looks pretty much like the stanley cup. Guys would eat that shit up come any hockey game when they're having the guys over for beer. I just can't seem to design the thing.

The party Gnome.

Similar to the little travelling gnome in Amelie, the party Gnome would be dressed up like a raver, and his picture would be taken at various parties/club events. He would have his own website, post reviews, maybe even a message board.

"look, there's the party gnome with Christopher Lawrence"

"look, the party gnome is sleeping under a bush at WEMF"

Well, I guess that isn't a scheme, but it was a really fun idea.

10. graham

graham Well-Known TRIBEr

I thought it was hare-brained, like rabbits are stupid

is it hair-brained ? is there some kind of condition, like an ingrown hair that leads to infection and faulty judgement ?

which is it ?

11. Dr Funk MD

That's not a scheme. that's an invention.

Reading Comprehension: F

Edit: nevermind.

12. Liquidity

Liquidity TRIBE Member

to make a big collage of with the movies stubs i've ever collected...

to keep track of every penny i earn and spend and do monthly reconcilations...

to write my own web based strategy multiplayer strategy game...

to write that fantasy novel and become a famous writer...

to move to vancouver permanently...

13. graham

graham Well-Known TRIBEr

planned obsolecence in mp3 players is the schemiest scheme ever schemed

14. Dr Funk MD

You know what... I don't know...

15. EffinHard

EffinHard TRIBE Member

For the Guv 9 Year Party I concocted a scheme to remove "unwanted" people from the Guvernment. Unwanted people being an anonymous mass of people that prevent me from having a good time because its always too crowded.

I was going to use the printers at work to create fake "free drink" tickets that would have "last call special" and guv 9 year logo's on them with the text:

LAST CALL SPECIAL
    1 FREE DRINK IN THE KOOL HAUS @ 1:45

randomly passing them around or leaving them in piles or just launching them into the crowd.

This was so enough people would leave that I could get a good spot when carl cox came on.

However, since it was advertised that he wasnt coming on until 5:30, I didnt have to go through with it.

16. VinylRach

VinylRach TRIBE Promoter

dude i know that guy!!!!!!!!!!

17. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

You have no idea how much I wanted to build one back in the day. I used to use my old Pentium PC to supplement my DJ setup at early gigs. PCs weren't fast enough to allow for pitch augmentation back then so I used to use a dos based program called Cubic Player which would pitch shift in 3% increments. Heh. You can imagine how cumbersome this was but the convenience of cataloging my tunes and calling some up conveniently made up for it. It only played first-gen mp3’s as well, you know the ones with the video compression built in still.

Hah, those were the days. I was thinking about creating a portable mp3 device back then with pitch control, if only I moved on it. Ah well.

18. Dr Funk MD

Too bad you didn't. But it's another fine example of 'It takes money to make money.'

19. graham

graham Well-Known TRIBEr

I think both are cool

20. Karim

Karim TRIBE Member

In highschool, I came up with this scheme of doubling bets on roullette when betting black or red. Just to continuously make money and beat the odds (because what are the odds of getting red 7 times in a row right?)

I stood infront of my finite mathematics class at the time and drew out the entire idea on the board and asked if any students could find fault in it. Even the teacher said there were no faults.

Well I didn't implement it...but my friends did. They came home $3000 lost....

Sucks.

Oh well, at least it wasn't my cash.

:)
    Karim

21. Prickly Pete

Prickly Pete TRIBE Member

make kahlua
    sell on street corner
    profit

22. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

And motivation.

23. janiecakes

janiecakes TRIBE Member

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-hai1.htm

24. coleridge

coleridge TRIBE Member

Came up with this one the other day:

Bobble-head J-Lo doll but instead of her head on a spring it's her ass.

Or maybe it could be a Snoop bobble-head entourage, Snoop with bobble-head, booty dancers with bobble-asses.

25. coleridge

coleridge TRIBE Member

The problem with that theory is the 0 and 00 spots on the wheel. So in the long run the odds are always stacked towards the house.