• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Bridge Jumping

Caz

TRIBE Member
Such a fun little way to have fun and cool off in the summer! I've been doing it for years but run out of interesting jumps. Most recently we've done Washago (near Orillia) which has three bridges and rapids all in one small area, but we got up there on Sunday to find they put up barriers :(

Bobcaygeon has a nice one called "the bi-pass" by locals and is about 40 feet

Any good spots for bridge jumping/swimming hole type locations within a couple hours of the city? Please share...

:)
 
Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Lurker

TRIBE Member
Elora gorge & quarry.

There are ledges in the quarry that are close to 75+ feet if not closer to 100ft.

You can go tubing down the gorge too.

edit: Ravegod beat me to it!
 

Amy_J

TRIBE Member
Elora for sure. The Gorge they have cliffs as high or maybe higher than 100ft. You're basically attemtping suicide by jumping them. I watched some kid split the bottom of both feet open off one of the highest cliffs out there because he didn't have shoes on. You gotta watch for people tubing though.

Personally, I like the quarry better. No watching for tubers and the water is crystal clear. There's a variety of heights in the cliffs at the quarry too, so for a chicken shit like me, it was dope.

I wish I knew directions to an old quarry we used to go to near Guelph 10 or so years ago. It was totally off limits and you had to climb fences and all this other shit to get in there and even after that it was about a 15-20 minute walk back into the bush until you'd get to water, but it was secluded and gorgeous. No HUGE cliffs to speak of, maybe 25-30ft, but we found some interesting and rather iffy places to jump from. Water was so clear and crystal blue you could stay out there for hours until parks/rec people (or cops on occasion) would come around.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

dicksherwood

TRIBE Member
The Rosedale bridge on 35 between Fenelon Falls and Coboconk is a nice thrill, probably in the 45-50 feet range

There is a good cliff behind the Sobey's in Fenelon Falls, probably in the 40-45foot range, a smaller one across the channel for the less adventurous

There's a bridge I jumped nekkid in Port Carling a few years ago...wasn't that high but fun

Echo rock on Lake Joseph is the highest I've jumped, someone told me 80 feet, I'm thinking more like 65-70

good summer fun!
 

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
I did a train bridge on the pickerel river that was about 75' (had to wear shoes!) when I was young and stupid

I think I'd run in terror now....I remember the feeling of running out of air before I could make it all the way to the water surface...
 

Caz

TRIBE Member
dicksherwood said:
The Rosedale bridge on 35 between Fenelon Falls and Coboconk is a nice thrill, probably in the 45-50 feet range

There is a good cliff behind the Sobey's in Fenelon Falls, probably in the 40-45foot range, a smaller one across the channel for the less adventurous

There's a bridge I jumped nekkid in Port Carling a few years ago...wasn't that high but fun

Echo rock on Lake Joseph is the highest I've jumped, someone told me 80 feet, I'm thinking more like 65-70

good summer fun!

Yes! I forgot about the Sobey's one! We did that last year...
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

IgStar

TRIBE Member
we have a bridge right by our apt. here. saturday the husband decided to jump off it without warning me.

freakout city for me....but all was well.

I wish I had the balls.
I don't know how high it is, but it's fucking high enough.
 

Amy_J

TRIBE Member
I'm beyond scarred for life from jumping from anything higher than 20ft. When I was young and ridiculously stupid (and drinking I might add, bad, very bad) I tried to do a front flip from a cliff about 30-35ft high. Almost made the full rotation but came up short enuf that my feet and calves went in properly and the rest of me landed flat on my back. Broke all the blood vessels in my back, so I was purple and blotchy red for a good week and thankfully, I made a friend stay in the water or I probably woulda drowned from having the wind knocked out of me.
 

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
there is another place iin fenelon falls, but not a bridge it is a cliff...did it a few times when we went to my bro's gf's cottage
 

dicksherwood

TRIBE Member
caz said:
Yes! I forgot about the Sobey's one! We did that last year...

many summer weekends are spent in Fenelon, this drop is one of my favourites activities, my goal this year is to get my 10 year old nephew (just got him jumping off the boathouse last year) and a couple of big talkin tribers to join me

basketballjones said:
there is another place iin fenelon falls, but not a bridge it is a cliff...did it a few times when we went to my bro's gf's cottage

are you talking about this same cliff or is there another I should be made aware of?
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

littlejon

TRIBE Member
in ottawa grumblegirl and i would jump off the bridges into the scummy canal when we were much too drunk to know better.
i am amazed no one got hurt more than a very badly cut foot, that did not rot off due to canal slime.

but we would rinse the canal sludge off in the very chlorinated fountains infront of the chichi downtown ottawa hotels..
poor security guards would have to try to get a small pack of very noisy, overly drunk and belligerent naked people out of his fountain.

good times.
 

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
dicksherwood said:
many summer weekends are spent in Fenelon, this drop is one of my favourites activities, my goal this year is to get my 10 year old nephew (just got him jumping off the boathouse last year) and a couple of big talkin tribers to join me



are you talking about this same cliff or is there another I should be made aware of?
it might be near the bridge, you have to walk to thru some bush to get to the cliff, i havent done it in ages
wear shoes
 

Kazoo

TRIBE Member
caz said:
Such a fun little way to have fun and cool off in the summer! I've been doing it for years but run out of interesting jumps. Most recently we've done Washago (near Orillia) which has three bridges and rapids all in one small area, but we got up there on Sunday to find they put up barriers :(

:)

My ex is from Washago and she said one of those bridges had a barrier put up b/c a drunk man fell backwards and landed on the bridge seriously hurting himself.

My ex said it used to be so much fun growing up around that area, and one of the main reasons was jumping off those bridges in the summertime. I guess a lot of young people would congregate around the bridges and it would be a focal point for kids. I wish I could have tried it.
 

Amy_J

TRIBE Member
OMFG, someone sent me a link for Church of the Universe and lo and behold there is a pic of the quarry I didn't know directions to

http://www.iamm.com/sin.htm click the link where you see two dudes swimming and check out the pics and everything. Place was amazing.

Direction wise it *was* off Gore Road called the Fletcher Creek Conservation area. Not sure if it's still there though cuz from that article it looks like at some point Hamilton conservation was trying to get it blown up to staop partiers and tress-passers
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

thom100

TRIBE Member
littlejon said:
in ottawa grumblegirl and i would jump off the bridges into the scummy canal when we were much too drunk to know better.
i am amazed no one got hurt more than a very badly cut foot, that did not rot off due to canal slime.

but we would rinse the canal sludge off in the very chlorinated fountains infront of the chichi downtown ottawa hotels..
poor security guards would have to try to get a small pack of very noisy, overly drunk and belligerent naked people out of his fountain.

good times.


from my ottawa experience, sounds about right.
 

Sunne Dee

TRIBE Member
a friend and i went to the elora quarry last weekend.

you can scale one of the rock walls and climb to a ledge and jump off.
there are tons of places to cliff dive there.

the rangers are hilarious. they try and catch people jumping from the highest points. you see them run out to grab someone but everyone just jumps off. what you gonna do now sucker?

there is also a little cave that has a tiny waterfall you can makeout under.
 
Top