• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Breathe - System TONIGHT

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
I am not one for stunning and explicit reviews, but I just got back from System and well I didn't want to leave.

First off.. I went to support my DEAR Turtle... and to check out this Rich R!

Turtle... Stunning. I couldn't stop dancing and the beat just kept me moving. As hot as it was... I couldn't leave.

I got to push the smoke button .. but i have to admit that it was pathetic.. it was choking.

Rich played in the main room and I was impressed with this local dj. A new dj to my ears and he totally got me moving. I was expecting a slower beat, but he turned it up with fast, thumping sounds that helped me shake my booty all night long.

Got tons of pictures and an awesome shot of Rich posing for the camera through the DJ booth.

Thanks for all the cool people I met. I got a cool shot of myself with a look-alike Eminem.

Time for bed.

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
hahaaha i was like wtf .. i didn't write a review yet!! :)

my quick review.. what an amazing night.. i got my dance on and damnit it felt good

wow.

now thats the kinda system I like

yeeehaaa!

Rowghani

TRIBE Member
OH MY GOD........

here is my story:

i bought new shoes last week and they are killing my feet :( so i hobbled over to system with richard, karyn and jon to hear richard spin. He started out very nicely, and began spinning harder and better as the time went by. The place was empty, (DAH) @ 10 but come 12 and 12:30, HOLY FAK! it was an awesome crowd! people were loving the beats, and back to my shoe story, i couldn't stop dancing either looool my poor toes :(

Raiban did AWESOME, it played wicked from beginning to end, hope they bring him back

also saw Mrs. Chooch and her friend (dont remember her name, but please tell me again chooch) nice to meet yaaaaaaaalll

PICS TO COME!

littlenutty

TRIBE Member
wow.

i don't think i had this much fun in soooooooo long.

Rich rocked the focken house. AMAZING. The vibe was awsome, perfect tunes and great people...

got to meet spacebabe and see q-tip and his crew....:D

song of the night - xpander.... classic.

12/10. perfect night.

p.s. those breathe guys better bring rich back..........:p

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

DJAlchemy

TRIBE Promoter
holy fuck. The side room was PACKED from 10pm onwards. Lady Bass and Ken Finch (and another dj, can't remember his name!) were firing out techno NRG and trance at 142 bpms. Happy Birthday to everyone!

even my buddy Alex who doesn't read tribe, but who is interesting enough to post about! ;)

D.

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
Richie @ System

Derek/Alchemy and myself :)

Kev/Red Turtle in the backroom and Amy/Spacebabe :)

mmmmm REVerage x2

madnezz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MalGlo
Richie @ System

THIS GUY WAS AWESOME!!!!

holy crap--- walking into system at 1:30 to hear UNDERWORLD being played made my night right there and then. SWEEEEEEEEt.

- Laura

jebac

TRIBE Member
i was the first person in the place and was thinking to myself "fuck i hope it this place fills up!" and boy did it ever. all in all, a very enjoyable night. saw some old old friends and a few other very cool people. music was half decent, best rooms were most def the vip room and the breaks room. there was a surprising amount of scantily clad hot girls at system last night which is always a plus.

a big hello and a "i hope you got enough sleep last night" to the 2 people i chilled with last night who were dancing their asses off.

-jebac

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Jon Tremblay

TRIBE Member
I'm really proud of Rich, he definetly got the place going, it wasn't long after midnight that he had the dancefloor rocking. It may have been cold outside but it wasn't the case inside system. Great set Richard! :)

So far that's two great weeks at system, can't wait to hear the next two locals in the weeks to come....all I can say is that the international guest have some work to do :)

JayBrain

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by DJAlchemy
holy fuck. The side room was PACKED from 10pm onwards. Lady Bass and Ken Finch (and another dj, can't remember his name!) were firing out techno NRG and trance at 142 bpms. Happy Birthday to everyone!

even my buddy Alex who doesn't read tribe, but who is interesting enough to post about! ;)

D.

uhm.. that was me and Ken Finch trying to play techno.. lol.. thanks for caring

Agatka8

TRIBE Member
This is a review for Chooch and me.
OUR arms are still in the air!!! :D

Awesome job Richard!;)
You made us so happy!

We had a super time! I couldn't stop jumping all night long!
That one Red Bull with vodka went a long way.

Breaks room was great as well.. just a little hot for me… but Chooch was in heaven!

It was nice to meet Jabac and MalGlo!
;)
Kuba your GF was super sweet!

Spacebabe... we gotta crash Qtip's new place for some breakfast again! It was nice to see you again as well.

At around 4am.... we left.... but I definitely could have stayed longer!
Nice energy!

Agatka

Lainey

TRIBE Member
Richard did such a good job!

The crowd was going crazy and with good reason, Rich played an amazing set and keep everyone dancing all night.

It was really nice to see so many friends and supporters of Rich out there loving every track.. it was truly an amazing night for everyone :)

DJAlchemy

TRIBE Promoter
holy dave thanks for the unflattering pics! I know I usually make a face for the camera, but I was unaware I had my "looks like he just get the snot beat out of him" expression on! :D

I mostly didn't recognise you cause I didn't see no orange sweater!

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by DJAlchemy
holy dave thanks for the unflattering pics! I know I usually make a face for the camera, but I was unaware I had my "looks like he just get the snot beat out of him" expression on! :D

I mostly didn't recognise you cause I didn't see no orange sweater!
yea dude, is that picture after the fight with malglo and then you guys were back to being chums eh?

malglo kicked your ass.

ha ha

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Richard Raiban

TRIBE Member
i still have goosebumps from lastnight!!!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

words can not describe the feeling that was rushing through my body lastnight!!!

a boys dream came true lastnight!!! i would like to thank all those who were there to witness me @ my best!!!

the crowd was looooooving everything i threw @ them!!! as jon tremblay said to me "THEY WERE EATING IT UP"

it was sooooooooooooo nice to play to a crowd that APPRECIATES the music I ADORE & to play on a SYSTEM like that!!! im telling you......seeing all those hands in the air is what its all about!!!

in addition, i just got off the fone with paul oakenfold and he congratulated me on a job well done last night!!!

he hopes i get to rock it there more often....

what a nice fuckin guy!!!

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN FOR SHARING THIS NIGHT WITH ME!!!

im outta here...

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Agatka8

It was nice to meet Jabac and MalGlo!
was nice to meet you as well.. i actually looked for ya before I left to get that ass-slap in but alas... you escaped unscathed :)

next time! :D