• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

breaky techno...

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
just wondering if you breaks dj's like the shit...

ie: Marco Carola's new Open System triple on Zenit...the track ---> "playboy"

would you lay it down or stay well clear of it????

justa question...

peace,

Doug.

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tEkKiD:
just wondering if you breaks dj's like the shit...

ie: Marco Carola's new Open System triple on Zenit...the track ---&gt; "playboy"

would you lay it down or stay well clear of it????

justa question...

peace,

Doug.
</font>

SICK. SICK. SICK.

Can u tell I LOVE this track???

~Lori

The Electrician

TRIBE Promoter
Marco Carola is one of the best producers in the world hand's down... He's the funkiest techno dj of all time...

His new 3pack is so amazing... I so dig it

W.

kick

TRIBE Member
got it...love it!

its got everything on it i need...house, techno, breaks, electro.

play boy is definately the best track on it.

yup

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
no doubt...that triple is hype !!

awesome to see you breakR's diggin' the techno/break productions

well, the Electrician and tha Big League Chu would lay it down in a set....

what about D-Monic,Madhatter,Phat Trick,Monkey,Rob G, Uncle Bobby,and Funk N style ??????????...sorry if i missed any other break dj's ...as you notice i come from the techno room and these are the only ones ive seen/heard

peace,

doug.

D-Monic

TRIBE Member
I like the tune, but it's one of those tunes that needs to be played at the right time, otherwise it just stands way out...

Robb's been playing the hell out of it...

Angus Robinson

TRIBE Member
Lately, I've been droppin more and more 4/4 beats into my sets spuradically. But whenever I do, I always make sure to mix a breakbeat over top of it, and I mix out pretty quick. It's a nice little change from the break, and it makes the straight-up breakbeat that much more sick when it comes back in. Breaky techno is good stuff, but as D-Monic said, it must be played at the right time.

[spam]My new CD that I will have ready in the next week or so has a couple 4/4 tracks on it, and I think they work really well. It's purely for the give-away, not for sale. I'll try to make sure all the tribe folk get a copy.[/spam]

As far as the marco corola triple pack is concerned, I quite liked it, but not for the breaks tracks (which are more electro than anything else). There are some sweet techno tracks on it. I considered picking it up, but I decided against it.

I find the 4/4 beats that work the best with breaks are the tracks produced by breakbeat producers. ie, 4/4 tracks by artists like lee coombs, meat katie, elite force, drumattic twins, dreadzone, soul of man, etc. That's the kind of 'breaky techno' I'll spin...

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories