• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Breakspoll Winners!!!

Robb G

TRIBE Promoter
2 Freaks won best single
Plumps won best album and best producers
Fingerlickin' = best label
Adam Freeland won face of breaks 2003
Rennie won Most Valuable Person
Rennie won best remix for Emit/Collect
Streetwise won best new label
Friendly got best new act
nuskoolbreaks.co.uk got best website
Best Radio Station - Breaks FM
Best Magazine - Mofo
Best Breaks Retailer - Vinyl Addiction

Amazing night of music, the real action was in the New Blood room. I'll give a full review later but I will say that Splitloop live was unreal, I danced my ass off and the place was going comletely bonkers. Brilliant nigt!

Sugar D

TRIBE Promoter
2 Freaks is good but out of the nominees given, I would have picked We Want Your Soul, it's so much better!

nuskool breaks best website? It's so boring! Should have been Release ;)

but that's just my opinion.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
2 freaks = 2 cheesy.

we want your soul was at least new, interesting, and groundbreaking. 2 freaks sounds like wannabee fischerspooner crap. too bad. otherwise i'm down with the selections given the nominees.

did you catch ant's (kicks) set? he was pretty excited about it on msn. he's always wicked.

thanks for the heads' up robb :)

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
I guess it's different strokes for different folks, but Rennie and Blim had to do something right to get a lot of people to vote for that track, and the funny part is that I didn't even vote for this as best single. I can see how a lot of you don't like it, but I think it's a pretty creative track if you ask me and a lot different from a lot of other tracks, but I'm pretty sure there was a lot of singles out there that put this single to shame, but I haven't heard them it yet.

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
Just because something isn't done in the world of 'breaks' doesn't mean it's original. Go download Emerge by Fischerspooner and do a little comparison, they're practically the same riff and Chickaboo's lyrics are beyond cheese. This is not to say that the track is 'bad' or anything, it's just the most recycled and poppy of the candidates, which is why it had such mass appeal and won.

I think We Want Your Soul was a lot more interesting personally, but to each their own.

Anyway, Breakspoll has never pretended to be about what the 'best' in each category is, they even include the word 'poll' in the name, so how can you get that upset really?

*sigh

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
^^I'm not upset just seeing the reason behind your decision on that particular track. That's the funny part about tribe sometimes everybody takes your post the worng way.

Last edited:

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by DaPhatConductor
Chickaboo's lyrics are beyond cheese. This is not to say that the track is 'bad' or anything...
indeed, but i would have to say that i thought the track was 'bad'.

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
Yeah a lot of UK talent in there. I could also see a lot more people voting from the UK out of most countries. Has there ever been Canadian talent on breakspolls before?

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
our scene's just not quite big enough yet methinks. we just don't have the numbers required to vote someone to the winner's circle.

...and although we certainly have the talent, we have yet to have someone gain the international recognition required to win.

soon enough...

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
i wonder how the year's big singles rank in terms of sales.

i would hazard a guess that 'we want your soul' would come out on top.

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
^^but it's the votes that count with breakspoll. I have both tracks and think they're both great tracks. I know from this poll they hate 2 Freaks, but it's the best single EVAR!:p

Angus Robinson

TRIBE Member
say what you will about 2 freaks, but it rocks the house every time!

the reason why the majority of the winners are from the UK is because that's where most of the voters are from...

before you complain about the results, ask youselves this question...

DID YOU VOTE?

...if not, you best be votin next year!!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders