1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

<~~BrEaKsFeSt~~> @ Elmocombo

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by The Peej, Sep 1, 2003.

1. The Peej

The Peej TRIBE Member

HOOOOOOOLY SHIAT!!!

I haven't done anything CLOSE to that in YEARS!!! My whole freakin' body ACHES!

Big up the sobber crazy legs crew! Home before the sun comes up so he can get to work !

Holy crap that was amazing... I'm sitting here looking at the Labour of Love flyer and have NO regrets.

To Dave Saddler, don't be afraid to get that hard and dirty again! Holy fuck boy you rinsed it tonight!

Got there around 12:30... thanks for the hook-ups everybody! WAAAYYY too many people to start mentioning... lots of OLD School ( to me anyway ) friendly faces.

Bed time now! Write more later!

AMAZING JAM!!!

PeejFest

2. D-Monic

D-Monic TRIBE Member

Dave kills it everytime!

Great party! Happy 4 Year!

Picts:

[​IMG]
    D-Monic and Dave Saddler
    (I dedicate this pict to Tim Patrick)

[​IMG]
    D-Monic, Pete from Pure Phunk Recordings, and Big League Chu

[​IMG]
    D-Monic and Chuck
    (in true Breakfest fashion)

[​IMG]
    DJ Love

[​IMG]
    The Breakfest Crowd

[​IMG]
    D-Monic and Jenn

[​IMG]
    D-Monic and Dave Saddler
    (a little later in the night...)

[​IMG]
    Lucy Lytes and DJ Kick

3. Miss Michie

Miss Michie TRIBE Member

OMG

had an AMAZING time...

haven't danced for that long in AGES... WOW

great party.. best of the summer i think

happy 4 year boys

good job

Lucy Lytes : :) wikked set hunnie wish more ppl had come earlier and rocked out to the wikked tunes you threw down.. ur the best baby

Dj Love was fuckin FABULOUS... that's all i can say... loved it.. so much

Michie

4. twist

twist TRIBE Member

go team jungle.

5. Miss Michie

Miss Michie TRIBE Member

6. Jay P

Jay P TRIBE Member

Wicked time!

So glad i didn't go to the zone!

7. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

I haven't been out to a club literally since my first day of summer.

So it was befitting that I venture back out on the last day of summer.

I'd never been to a Breaksfest before - at the ElMo at least. Good times were indeed had by all. A wicked crew of people - many of whom I hadn't seen in a dog's year.

8. Jay P

Jay P TRIBE Member

hears some pics..
    I love the dancing peej!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

9. Jay P

Jay P TRIBE Member

Oh ya.
    Can't forget Alex:D
    [​IMG]

10. The Peej

The Peej TRIBE Member

EEEEwwww^^^ Sweaty Peej!!!

Matt Monkey I love you!

11. funkNstyle

funkNstyle TRIBE Member

Holy Shit!! What a night - What else can i say?
    Entirely way too many people to name. Way too many old faces (and new ones!)

This was my night out, no records - Just out to party!

I'm glad people made good use of my V.I.P room behind the curtain! :p
    I managed to grab 3 chairs, a drummer's stool and a wobly table! It was definently the spot for alot of drunkin' trips down memory lane!

There was a TON of hillarious things being mumbled last night, but Pete's "hungry bum, hungry bum" comment takes the cake!

Saddler - Glad to hear everything is good with you. Our frequent bathroom conversations we're interesting. hahaha.

Man, too many shout outs and inside jokes to type. You know who you are - Shouts out to you!

Great sets by all, as always nobody rocks like our locals!
    Fantastic set by Dj Love - Nice to see you again Frank. Go Team Copyright! :)

It was phenomenal to see so many new faces, people i had never seen before - Toronto's breaks community is most definently growing and last night prooved it.

When it comes down to it, last night was all about the Breakfest family!! Last night was a great big bitch slap in the face to remind me why I eat, sleep, and live breaks. My vote for PARTY OF THE YEAR!

Thank you Pat and France! Much respect, a pleasure to see you both doing what you do best - Making people smile!

Wow - I wish i could write more but there's just too much to say.

12. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

what a fitting way to wind down another summer in the tdot, great to see so many friends out and having a goodtime. :)

the breakbeat sound is alive and well in toronto and i expect things to only get better in the future. there was certainly a vibe inside the ride last night with people busting loose and just feeling the tunes.

to those who made the night one to remember, word the fuck up.

13. case sensitive

case sensitive TRIBE Member

That was a great time and a nice way to end the summer for sure. I got there a little earlier than my friends, but it was nice to see Lucy and RaFunk(?) get the night started off in top notch fashion. The heat was intense but that probably due to the amount of dancing and good vibes in the venue.

matt

14. Angus Robinson

Angus Robinson TRIBE Member

Yeah, wicked night!

My only complaints were that Peej was too sweaty, and that Monkey kept humping me... That boy needs a leash!

15. litespeed

litespeed Well-Known TRIBEr

got there after 1am... hit the bar hard right of the bat.
    I liked how the bar upstairs was giving unopened cans. I was able to get the 2 firsted action going and carry drinks in my pockets! :D

wicked night!
    although I wish the system was beefed up a bit, but what can you do.

nice to see all the usual suspects out and about... good beats always help, but it really is the people that make the party.

keep on keepin on,

Evan G

16. --[Zirca]--

--[Zirca]-- TRIBE Promoter

Wicked night! It seemed as though all the Labour of Love boycotters where at Elmo.

Nothing but good things to say, great people...just the right number so there was always room to dance, all the Dj's had great sets and the venue was perfect.

Danced my ass off all night....so sore and hung on Monday, but well worth it! Great to see everyone!

17. mutslaster

mutslaster TRIBE Member

WTF????

spence how did i miss you?
    dammit!

18. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

i was on the opposite side of the bar and managed to hit you in the tits with a bottle cap, and screamed profanities in your general direction but alas you kept looking up assuming you were being pelted from above.

then you dissapeared, jerk. :p

19. DaPhatConductor

DaPhatConductor TRIBE Promoter

Sorry I didn't come guys, but Bassbin Twins really rocked it. I'd go see bassbin twins play on a ghettoblaster with one speaker in a pit of sewage if it came down to it... The Guv was close, but we managed to tough it out and MAN was it ever worth it. Uncle Bobby and I even walked out with original Bassbin Twins drawings :)

Although after reading these review BF4year was clearly the place to be that night.

Wooha!

20. mutslaster

mutslaster TRIBE Member

HAHAHHAHAHA
    that was you?
    i was so fucking confused.
    and as IF you couldn't have traversed the room to come talk to me asshole.
    i hate you.

21. ~SweetBeatz~

~SweetBeatz~ TRIBE Member

Great Party Frances and Pat :D....I had a blast!!
    Wikkid crowd...it was nice to see everyone out and bustin' a move :)
    As always, the local djs kicked ass!...also, a great set by dj Love!
    I was there from the beginning right to the end...time flies when you're having fun :D

Jenn

22. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

This thread needs more pictures!

I notice that alot of people had their cameras out.

23. Booty Bits

Booty Bits TRIBE Member

i had a ton of fun at the ElMo.
    i came into the venue just as Thunder was laying down his last 4 UKG tracks upstairs. i wish i could have gotten there sooner because i loved every second of his set.
    the venue looks fabulous. they decorated the studio space upstairs with beautiful red paper lanterns which really set the mood.
    the bar downstairs was really well laid out and there was a great view of the stage too.
    every DJ that played seemed to play his or her heart out. i can't complain about any of it. i had zero expectations about DJ Love since i'd never heard him before, but i have to say that his set was fabulous. it was just that perfect funky breakbeat that makes me dance my ass off.

nice one Breakfest, heres to another 4 years!

24. geminigirl

geminigirl TRIBE Member

I had a wicked time!! And to think we almost went to the Comfort Zone...so glad we didn't...haha! Great Vibe, awesome people and kick ass beats!! Congrats on 4 years Pat and France.
    Nice to meet Basic and Tablist.:)

*Maxine*

25. DeepSix

DeepSix TRIBE Promoter

How was Thunder's set?