• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Breaking up for being a bad influence

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
So, through no real fault of my own, I've had several friends "break up with me", because of perceived bad influence.

In some cases, it's been their GFs who make a condition that they will not continue dating the person unless they promise to not hang out with me...

In other cases, it's been a self induced distance because of my over indulgences.. This case I can understand and work towards relieving it..

In other cases it's a mix of sexual conduct. In other cases it's vehicular accidents or waking up and realising one has crossed a personal drug boundary.

Whatever the case, I'd like to extend an olive branch and iterate that "Hey all, I'm not that bad, please don't hate me!" and say also "There are ways we can still get along!"

I find it personally painful each time this happens. I invested a lot of time and often money in you, so you don't need to be a stranger!

The most recent case involves a guy, who is not on tribe, and an accident he incurred. The accident (vehicular) was not my fault! Everything was wonderful until that point. I don't know, maybe he got a DUI for that... But he's a really good guy and my life is missing out without him in it as he pursues life 2.0...

The other stories involve people from tribe so I don't want to talk about that.

-jM
A&D

Stop Bill C-10

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
Now I've had my parents tell me:

parents> "You gotta stop seeing (so and so)!"

So I can only imagine that my friends' parents are saying the same thing to them.

Except, I'm forty years old! I'm well past the superyouth stage.

Sometimes, I at least get explicit messages that the person wishes to terminate contact with me because of unwanted debauchery. The first time this happened, the person was quite happy about the debauchery but had to secede due to their partner's views and opinions. OK I get that, and at least they told me outright. Sad but true.

In Japan my friend Penny, who is never going to read this, texted me and outright said "I cannot be friends with you due to your sexual orientation" which was kind of a big blow to me, and considering how much fun we had had the night before. He later tried to recant but I didn't have room for it, actually...

All I did to him was kiss him on the head, and entertain his nightclub fetishes....

But these are quality people that I miss.

-jM
A&D

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
In some cases Ii've been in the wrong, drinking too much for example, and for that I extend my apologies.

But in other cases it's just my personality -- a personality which attracts people at first but once they get swimming up in it they get freaked out and disappear, which I find hurtful.

-jM
A&D