• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

breaking up and still being????? what??

lucky1

TRIBE Member
*sigh*

So he called it off last week. We'd been together about 4 months. I totally wasn't expecting it. So shitty. I'm pretty bummed. I didn't want to call him. I had some stuff at his place, and I emailed, then called him monday. I left a messsage he called me back at work. We talked okay, but it made me feel wierd and mixed up inside. So he has to find my stuff. Said he would call me today. But then I was getting off the streetcar as he was getting on, so I walked up and tapped his back to say hi. He said he had to get on and do some erands. I was going to get my hair cut. I waved as the streetcar drove away.

I caved.

I called him tonight. I asked if he was mad in the day (cause he kind of looked it). He said no it was his weather face. We talked about stuff, I asked if it was okay I called, he said yeah. We talked for another hour, (not about break up) about politics, work, future plans. Really good conversation actually. He let me go cause he had work to do. He said he call me when he finds my stuff. (it's lost in a mountain laundry)

Man I feel even worse now. I can't do this.

What's wrong with me.

I was kind of getting through the break up. But I still really like him. a lot.

*sigh* *sniff*

:(

jebac

TRIBE Member
wow thats shitty. what can you do tho? life goes on and in a month or two youll have your sights set on another guy who might turn out to be better than this one :D

-jebac

Preroller

TRIBE Member
no so lucky1? ;)

I wouldn't worry to much, what can you do?
and if he;s not into it, then it would be a crappy realtionship anyway...

What were his reasons for wanting to discontinue the affair?

jus me

TRIBE Member
lucky1, sounds exactly like my situation....

don't worry girl, if he has doubts now, it'd be better if it ended now than later, that's what my best friend said. i know its hard to swallow... :(

*sniffle*

i like my ex alot too...

oh, and there's nothing wrong with you, there's obviously something wrong with him!!!! :D

Last edited:
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
Think of it like this, it was only four months - a very short period of time - it will not take you very long to get over it.

Shitty at first but you will be over it in no time.

Perhaps you should give yourself time before you jump into anyhting new - you could still be dealing with your past relastionship stuff. and if you keep jumping you will carry it over into anything new.

Be good to you :D

mutslaster

TRIBE Member
do not call him

DO NOT.

it will just drive you crazy and make you feel worse. keep yourself busy, surround yourself with friends, and try not to let it get you down too much.

chin up.

JESuX

TRIBE Member
*hug*

Seriously.

I have no idea what the background behind your situation is... But four months is that key time, when it just hurts enough, and yet hasn't been a tremendously significant enough time to warrant *real* concern from friends/family. (I hate it when people say shit like that.)

The thing is that you have to keep in mind that this was a learning experience... You'll get something out of it whether you realize this now, or 15 years from now.

Everything happens for a reason, (and luckily, I speak from experience) each one of the exes only clears the path for the better and more amazing version to come along in a timely manner.

Keep your chin up! :)

xoxoxJ.

Muad'ib

Well-Known TRIBEr
I broke up with my gf of three years and we are really struggling to maintain the friendship right now.

mingster

TRIBE Member
sorry to hear things didn't work out for you. :(

i know how it must hurt right now, but hopefully, you'll treat yourself really good for the next few days, and by next week, you'll be feeling like a million bucks! like a new woman. :) chin up X 3

Muad'ib

Well-Known TRIBEr
I think you missed the point. After a certain amount of time and emotional attachment it feels the same. Four months or four years is meaningless if you really care.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
thanks for the nice words.

Yeah I keep telling myself his loss right?

I know four months doesn't seem like a long time, but I really like(d) this guy . fuck. I can't really explain why. I like his ambtions, his way of wanting something and going out and doing it, obviously I was physically attracted to him, I felt we share a similar outlook on things, similar sense of humour etc.

II wouldn't worry to much, what can you do?
and if he;s not into it, then it would be a crappy realtionship anyway...

What were his reasons for wanting to discontinue the affair?
He said he doesn't have feelings for me like he thought he'd have feelings for me after four months.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by greasy joe
If this is how you are after 4 months Id hate to see how pathetic you will be after being in a real relationship.
You know what?

go fuck yourself.

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
thats what you get hun for pouring your soul out on a message board... not everyone is going to sympathize with you, but at the same time you are getting some kind words so don't sweat it, get off this board and do something useful like i should be right now

jus me

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by lucky1
He said he doesn't have feelings for me like he thought he'd have feelings for me after four months.
Whoa.....creepy....were we seeing the same guy?!?

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by greasy joe
If this is how you are after 4 months Id hate to see how pathetic you will be after being in a real relationship.
That comment was really uncalled for.

She really liked him

No matter how LONG you go out with someone, breaking up is always hard, it's never easy.

Don't worry Lucky1, i was in teh same situation last year except 2 weeks later my ex bf brought his new girlfriend to a party i was at and my old roommate put them beside MY ROOM, now how about that, i was fucking pissed and upset.. and since then i haven't had a boyfreind..

so things could always be worst like my situation..

Just try to keep yourself busy..
I wouldn't call him just because it will be harder to get over him
Phone him when you think you're ready.

*hugs*

swilly

TRIBE Member
It sucks i have to admit. But time heals all in the long run. Much like how the mighty cliffs of dover are slowly being eroded into white sand beeches. In time persistance and good will heals all.

I broke up with my GF like 6 months ago but i still think about her alot. But in the end it all works out fo the best i think.

I say focus on something else in your life and you will feel better.
I say try pilates

swilly

Torso

TRIBE Member
It only takes a split second to fall for someone.
lucky1, I feel ya. Focus on yourself and stay away from greasy joes.;)

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
hah
I did pilates tonight with 2 of my roommates
lots of fun
good workout :D

oh and Mingstar mentioned to treat yourself good.. what i always do when im upset is i go shopping lol It makes me happy, buying stuff makes me happy, getting new clothes or new dvd's puts a smile on my face, i love shopping :D

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders